Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
Usual pro and anti Whitts debate on here, and both sides have decent points. However, the complete and utter dross that was Halford tonight meant we started the game with 10 players in effect and how he lasted as long as he did is beyond me.

I hope his injury problems improve with a break and pre-season but honestly when someone can play passes as badly as the ones he did in the second half then you have to hope he never starts a game again for us.

What tonight showed is that we have no-one to replace Whitts in terms of getting the ball to where it is needed when attacking - the number of promising situations f'd up by shit passing was heartbreaking. Zohore should have had a couple of one on ones but Noone and Ralls failed him miserably.

Based on the season as a whole, if we are serious about competing next year then we need at least 2 new first team midfielders, 2 more first team attackers (though Healey might be one of these), Hoilett needs to be taught how to shoot, and we need 2 more wingers as neither Noone nor Kadeem are good enough unfortunately.

In addition, we need a new goalie when McGregor goes back.

So a big Summer ahead and I can't see us having enough to money or time to turn this around in one Summer.

I'm still very interested in what Warnock has in mind this Summer but a bit more worried that he may not actually be good enough to pull off what he's trying to do - based solely on Halford actually getting a game ahead of anyone else at the Club, including the tea lady. Did I mention I wasn't at all impressed with Halford?

Roll on the Summer and next season - it'll be interesting again if nothing else.
Perhaps Halford gives Colin half his appearance money?