+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank Whitts !!

Thank Whitts !!

That looked like a goodbye, for a man that has never shown any emotion.

Re: Thank Whitts !!

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Agreed. I'm choked.

There's no way he will sign for Warnock even if he was willing to take the huge pay cut on offer

Absolutely gutted. The things he's done for this club.

Horrible to see him go off and end his time in Cardiff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Cumberdale View Post
    Absolutely gutted. The things he's done for this club.

Horrible to see him go off and end his time in Cardiff like that.
    Same here he looked close to tears. He deserved better than that

Warnock you utter c unt

Anyone got the footage?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Anyone got the footage?
    He called the substitution a f*cking joke twice and was shaking his head. I've never seen him so emotional. He was close to tears.

Sad way to end his time here.

He will play in Huddersfield surely. Lighten up.

theres no room for sentiment in football, we must let the manager run the club

Yes, if that is the last time we see him play at the Cardiff City Stadium, then he's without doubt the one player over the last decade we've got the fondest memories of.

Quote Originally Posted by giddyblue View Post
    theres no room for sentiment in football, we must let the manager run the club
    It's a dead end game ffs, the guy deserved more respect than that

I think after 10 years, 400 odd appearances, 90 odd goals, 2 cup finals and a championship it was pretty disgusting to take him off today to be honest. No need

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    He will play in Huddersfield surely. Lighten up.
    and then what ? Whitts has never shown any emotion even when scoring sublime and important goals, my point was this was this had the hallmarks of his home exit. yes he may have one more game (maybe more, who really knows?) so tell me why should we 'lighten up' ?........PW last club link to Ninian.

whitts gush. thanks for the memories, i want to make love to you, gush

the sheer arse licking on this board though

As an outsider all I can say is that loyalty is rare in football these days.Whittingham has been loyal. In what is a meaningless hame did Warnock really need to sub him?
    He will go down as a club legend.

Banned

We will never win f all with PW, great left foot but he couldn't tackle a steak. We need battlers and peter will never be a battler.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    We will never win f all with PW, great left foot but he couldn't tackle a steak. We need battlers and peter will never be a battler.
    We won a Championship with him you clown

That may be true, but in one way he's the only good footballing brain we have in midfield. That needs replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That may be true, but in one way he's the only good footballing brain we have in midfield. That needs replacing.
    A midfield of gunnarson, ralls and Halford. Good grief.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What is this footballing brain you speak of? Don't all footballers have a footballing brain?
    Who would you rather have working for you some brainy lazy bastard or or some halfwit
    who works his nuts off?

What is this footballing brain you speak of? Don't all footballers have a footballing brain?
    Who would you rather have working for you some brainy lazy bastard or or some halfwit
    who works his nuts off?
    finally someone speaking sense

Usual pro and anti Whitts debate on here, and both sides have decent points. However, the complete and utter dross that was Halford tonight meant we started the game with 10 players in effect and how he lasted as long as he did is beyond me.

I hope his injury problems improve with a break and pre-season but honestly when someone can play passes as badly as the ones he did in the second half then you have to hope he never starts a game again for us.

What tonight showed is that we have no-one to replace Whitts in terms of getting the ball to where it is needed when attacking - the number of promising situations f'd up by shit passing was heartbreaking. Zohore should have had a couple of one on ones but Noone and Ralls failed him miserably.

Based on the season as a whole, if we are serious about competing next year then we need at least 2 new first team midfielders, 2 more first team attackers (though Healey might be one of these), Hoilett needs to be taught how to shoot, and we need 2 more wingers as neither Noone nor Kadeem are good enough unfortunately.

In addition, we need a new goalie when McGregor goes back.

So a big Summer ahead and I can't see us having enough to money or time to turn this around in one Summer.

I'm still very interested in what Warnock has in mind this Summer but a bit more worried that he may not actually be good enough to pull off what he's trying to do - based solely on Halford actually getting a game ahead of anyone else at the Club, including the tea lady. Did I mention I wasn't at all impressed with Halford?

Roll on the Summer and next season - it'll be interesting again if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Usual pro and anti Whitts debate on here, and both sides have decent points. However, the complete and utter dross that was Halford tonight meant we started the game with 10 players in effect and how he lasted as long as he did is beyond me.

I hope his injury problems improve with a break and pre-season but honestly when someone can play passes as badly as the ones he did in the second half then you have to hope he never starts a game again for us.

What tonight showed is that we have no-one to replace Whitts in terms of getting the ball to where it is needed when attacking - the number of promising situations f'd up by shit passing was heartbreaking. Zohore should have had a couple of one on ones but Noone and Ralls failed him miserably.

Based on the season as a whole, if we are serious about competing next year then we need at least 2 new first team midfielders, 2 more first team attackers (though Healey might be one of these), Hoilett needs to be taught how to shoot, and we need 2 more wingers as neither Noone nor Kadeem are good enough unfortunately.

In addition, we need a new goalie when McGregor goes back.

So a big Summer ahead and I can't see us having enough to money or time to turn this around in one Summer.

I'm still very interested in what Warnock has in mind this Summer but a bit more worried that he may not actually be good enough to pull off what he's trying to do - based solely on Halford actually getting a game ahead of anyone else at the Club, including the tea lady. Did I mention I wasn't at all impressed with Halford?

Roll on the Summer and next season - it'll be interesting again if nothing else.
    Perhaps Halford gives Colin half his appearance money?

who works his nuts off?
    Are you pissed?

Whittingham is the best passer we have at the club. We'll need someone with quality on the ball if we're to challenge. Having lots of energy and passion in the middle isn't enough. Arguably the best centre midfield partnership I ever saw play for us was Scimeca and McPhail. Scimeca provided a box to box energy that was incredible and McPhail was the brains who could spray the ball about, make telling passes.

Get your facts right before you attempt to take me on,
    He is right. We won this division with Peter Whittingham playing for us.

Let's be honest, taking you on is hardly a challenge.