+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank Whitts !!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Thank Whitts !!

I can think of one footballer at city who doesn't have a 'footballing brain' i.e. he needs to be told what to do for the whole 90mins. I';m not saying who but his name rhymes with Hadeem Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    What is this footballing brain you speak of? Don't all footballers have a footballing brain?
    Who would you rather have working for you some brainy lazy bastard or or some halfwit
    who works his nuts off?
    Do you remember that period where most agreed Slade had done a good job and he deserved appreciation, then you started to act like a prat and people reacted by turning on Slade? I don't know who people will turn on now but you are once more acting like a tit.

I hope Whitts is here next season with a pay-cut. Regarding his substitution, our midfield did need changing and anyone of Halford, Whitts and Gunnarson could have and should have gone off. If it was his last game then Whitts was the wrong decision, but a change was needed.

We will never win f all with PW, great left foot but he couldn't tackle a steak. We need battlers and peter will never be a battler.
    Fair play some great moments from Witnum, I didn't see last nights game and substitution, I'd rather remember him, for his quality moments and there has been many, than his sometimes lightweight performances.

We will never win f all with PW, great left foot but he couldn't tackle a steak. We need battlers and peter will never be a battler.
    We won a Championship with him you clown

Get your facts right before you attempt to take me on,
    He is right. We won this division with Peter Whittingham playing for us.

Let's be honest, taking you on is hardly a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That may be true, but in one way he's the only good footballing brain we have in midfield. That needs replacing.
    A midfield of gunnarson, ralls and Halford. Good grief.

Usual pro and anti Whitts debate on here, and both sides have decent points. However, the complete and utter dross that was Halford tonight meant we started the game with 10 players in effect and how he lasted as long as he did is beyond me.

I hope his injury problems improve with a break and pre-season but honestly when someone can play passes as badly as the ones he did in the second half then you have to hope he never starts a game again for us.

What tonight showed is that we have no-one to replace Whitts in terms of getting the ball to where it is needed when attacking - the number of promising situations f'd up by shit passing was heartbreaking. Zohore should have had a couple of one on ones but Noone and Ralls failed him miserably.

Based on the season as a whole, if we are serious about competing next year then we need at least 2 new first team midfielders, 2 more first team attackers (though Healey might be one of these), Hoilett needs to be taught how to shoot, and we need 2 more wingers as neither Noone nor Kadeem are good enough unfortunately.

In addition, we need a new goalie when McGregor goes back.

So a big Summer ahead and I can't see us having enough to money or time to turn this around in one Summer.

I'm still very interested in what Warnock has in mind this Summer but a bit more worried that he may not actually be good enough to pull off what he's trying to do - based solely on Halford actually getting a game ahead of anyone else at the Club, including the tea lady. Did I mention I wasn't at all impressed with Halford?

Roll on the Summer and next season - it'll be interesting again if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Usual pro and anti Whitts debate on here, and both sides have decent points. However, the complete and utter dross that was Halford tonight meant we started the game with 10 players in effect and how he lasted as long as he did is beyond me.

I hope his injury problems improve with a break and pre-season but honestly when someone can play passes as badly as the ones he did in the second half then you have to hope he never starts a game again for us.

What tonight showed is that we have no-one to replace Whitts in terms of getting the ball to where it is needed when attacking - the number of promising situations f'd up by shit passing was heartbreaking. Zohore should have had a couple of one on ones but Noone and Ralls failed him miserably.

Based on the season as a whole, if we are serious about competing next year then we need at least 2 new first team midfielders, 2 more first team attackers (though Healey might be one of these), Hoilett needs to be taught how to shoot, and we need 2 more wingers as neither Noone nor Kadeem are good enough unfortunately.

In addition, we need a new goalie when McGregor goes back.

So a big Summer ahead and I can't see us having enough to money or time to turn this around in one Summer.

I'm still very interested in what Warnock has in mind this Summer but a bit more worried that he may not actually be good enough to pull off what he's trying to do - based solely on Halford actually getting a game ahead of anyone else at the Club, including the tea lady. Did I mention I wasn't at all impressed with Halford?

Roll on the Summer and next season - it'll be interesting again if nothing else.
    Perhaps Halford gives Colin half his appearance money?

I'd like to see Whitts at Cardiff till the end of his playing career, maybe beyond that in some capacity but from what I'm reading around the web about his exit tonight it really does look like the die is cast.

A terrific servant for the club and was integral to some of the finest moments this club has ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    You must have brilliant eyesight fly fisher
    I'm sorry I helped you block the ads now you ungrateful ****

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    cretinous language

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Close to tears really

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Close to tears really
    Plucking your pubes again are you?

If Whitts does leave I hope it's not to another Championship club, that would be proper heartbreak.

Go to the MLS Whitts and live out your final footballing years with some real quality - Villa, Kaka, Pirlo, Schweinsteiger - take your pick!

Fantastic servant - though is that the right word when he has been paid handsomely too - to this club. If he is going then there is not much at all to link to days of NP or some of the highest heights this club has been too recently and that will be a real shame.

Thank you Whitts.

Hopefully after he leaves we can all appreciate what an outrageously talented footballer he has been for us. Would be even nicer if that could happen while he's still here.

Feedback

City legend. Always will be

If Whitts wanted to he could have left us at anytime, as clubs would've snatched him straight away at any chance.

Hull (PL), Wolves (C), Forest (C), West Ham (year they got promotion), Fulham (PL), Norwich (PL), WBA (PL) - these are the clubs I found online after a quick 2 min search.

He loves City, and I don't believe there is another player in the squad who does.

I love Whitts and have defendedhim for a few seasons now.But his legs have gone he struggles to get to tackles and as a result picks up yellow cards.He has been offered a deal but its his choice not to accept it. Sorry time waits for no man and we are in a multi million pound business.Just take a look at John Terry, Wayne Rooney this is what happens in football.
    Warnock may have brought himoff so he could get his standing ovation but this is not a village side we were in the game and needed to change him. If he has moved on its a shame good luck and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    I love Whitts and have defendedhim for a few seasons now.But his legs have gone he struggles to get to tackles and as a result picks up yellow cards.He has been offered a deal but its his choice not to accept it. Sorry time waits for no man and we are in a multi million pound business.Just take a look at John Terry, Wayne Rooney this is what happens in football.
    Warnock may have brought himoff so he could get his standing ovation but this is not a village side we were in the game and needed to change him. If he has moved on its a shame good luck and thank you.
    Best post in this thread so far.
    Spedger

Whittingham is in all the time top ten Cardiff City players for appearances and leading goalscorers. Would it really have hurt keeping him on for what may be his final home game? At the very least Warnock should have acknowledged him when he was subbed.