+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mr Hoillett

Mr Hoillett

Anyone want to see him here next season?

Re: Mr Hoillett

The silence is telling.

Yes. Give him a full pre season. Another year contract.

Cheers Fine Lines so he is standing 50/50 on this thread now.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Anyone want to see him here next season?
    Better than Noone. Decent enough cover if he's on lowish wages?

Eric. I am losing this thread. I obviously just cannot see what he does at all. My mistake.

warnock likes him so youd imagine he will be here

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Eric. I am losing this thread. I obviously just cannot see what he does at all. My mistake.
    I think I know what you mean!

Put Hoilett in the toilet.

I love his flashes of incredible skill before he loses possession or sends a pass to the opposition. Shooting doesn't seem to be part of his portfolio either.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I love his flashes of incredible skill before he loses possession or sends a pass to the opposition. Shooting doesn't seem to be part of his portfolio either.
    This sums his contribution up for me perfectly.
    Maybe Mrs W can kick him up the pants like he already has with KZ.

We need 100% from everyone next season if any of them want to get noticed by the media.

I'd like to know what wages he's on before making a decision. We need a squad of players to challenge for promotion and Hoillett may be part of that. Can you name another player aged 26/27 with the experience he has, the pace he has and, potentially, the wages he's on as a previously out of contract player?

The better Zohore has gotten, the worse Hoilett has become, if that makes sense

A bit of a mixed bag really, always puts a shift in and some of his approach play is excellent however there's not been enough of a goal threat from him. I think he might benefit from playing a bit more centrally

He's no Willie Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The better Zohore has gotten, the worse Hoilett has become, if that makes sense
    Probably just coincidence as there is no obvious reason why they could not play together.
    Hoilett looked class 1st couple of games, taking his man on getting crosses in and must take credit for our resurgence mis season.
    Completely off the boil in recent months though (much like most of the side I might add).
    He is better IMO than the wingers we've got but needs motivating. He is a Warnock signing so probably too comfortable.

New challenge next year, our Neil will know what it takes to get him (and others) going and he will have a full season to do it with nobody else to blame.

I bet he's amongst our highest earners. At his best he'd definitely be worth keeping, but if we are only going to see it for 20 minutes every third match then get rid