+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock is a disgrace

Warnock is a disgrace

Last home game, nothing riding on it. Takes off a tremendous servant to the club on what could be his last ever home game.

Warnock is a journeyman, he probably can't comprehend how much that would have hurt Whitts.

Re: Warnock is a disgrace

he got his round of applause

Well done to the fans. Warnock, spiteful behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    You've just given me more respect than Warnock has given Peter Whittingham.
    Has it even occurred to you that it might not be his last home game?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Has it even occurred to you that it might not be his last home game?
    Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by giddyblue View Post
    he got his round of applause
    THIS^^^^^^

Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Rhythm is a dancer.
    Couple of interesting facts for you colonel. This Sunday, Turbo B celebrates his 50th birthday. And he was given his unusual moniker on account of the size of his testicles which are claimed to be the largest in his home state of Pennsylvania, with a diameter of 4" per bollock.

If witts had stayed on he couldn't have got a standing ovation when he came off.

Slightly over the top headline :rolleyes:

This has been debated enough times under many different threads this last 12 hours so no need for another one either as would have been easy for you to voice your opinion in one of those!

As has been said, leave him on he gets no standing ovation and, although I was at the game (unfortunately), the TV pundits quite possibly talked him up too. Leave him on he misses out.

There might be something in the standing ovation thing if it had been made with 5 mins to go, instead of half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There might be something in the standing ovation thing if it had been made with 5 mins to go, instead of half an hour.
    Not surprised you agree with the OP here.

Further to my rationale above, the manager named Whitts in his starting lineup, people would have been up in arms if he hadn't.
    He could quite easily have left him out and in some people's eyes been vindicated.
    In fact it could be argued he would be of more use to us later in the game using his dead ball prowess chasing the game.

NW side losing the game, thought he could change the course if it by mixing it up in the middle and giving the sub more than just a token 5 minutes.

Why on earth should not giving Whitts an extra 10 or 15 minutes make him a disgrace?
    Last edited by MacAdder; 29-04-17 at 14:31.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Further to my rationale above, the manager named Whitts in his starting lineup, people would have been up in arms if he hadn't.
    He could quite easily have left him out and in some people's eyes been vindicated.
    In fact it could be argued he would be of more use to us later in the game using his dead ball prowess chasing the game.

NW side losing the game, thought he could change the course if it by mixing it up in the middle and giving the sub more than just a token 5 minutes.

Why on earth should not giving Whitts an extra 10 or 15 minutes make him a disgrace?
    Why do you say that? You must misinterpret me. I haven't in any way criticised Warnock or called him a disgrace - just that you don't take a player off to give him an ovation that early. There must have been other reasons for the substitution; I didn't see the game so I don't know what they are.

Why do you say that? You must misinterpret me. I haven't in any way criticised Warnock or called him a disgrace - just that you don't take a player off to give him an ovation that early. There must have been other reasons for the substitution; I didn't see the game so I don't know what they are.
    Not sure about me misinterpreting you (judging by your recent posts regarding NW) but I think that you have obviously misinterpreted me.
    A standing ovation for a man's services to the club could take place if he was taken off at ANY minute of the game.

People have commented along the lines of being disrespectful to a player for taking him off.
    I say it would be disrespectful to the paying public to allow a person to be on the field if he feels he can get something from the game by taking him off.
    Warnock should not be taking ant flak for the substitution for sentimental reasons.

Not sure about me misinterpreting you (judging by your recent posts regarding NW) but I think that you have obviously misinterpreted me.
    A standing ovation for a man's services to the club could take place if he was taken off at ANY minute of the game.

People have commented along the lines of being disrespectful to a player for taking him off.
    I say it would be disrespectful to the paying public to allow a person to be on the field if he feels he can get something from the game by taking him off.
    Warnock should not be taking ant flak for the substitution for sentimental reasons.
    Yeah a double substitution without even a handshake for a club legends last home game. Classy.

Banned

He never acknowledges the fans when asked to do the ayotollah. Say what you like about previous managers but they all reacted to our calls. Unless he is stone deaf which is a possibility at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    He never acknowledges the fans when asked to do the ayotollah. Say what you like about previous managers but they all reacted to our calls. Unless he is stone deaf which is a possibility at his age.
    OMG etc. This changes ... everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    He does. He did at Wigan last week. I've seen him do it at other times as well.

Maybe his attention is on the pitch and not the fans. During the game I think that's probably a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Last home game, nothing riding on it. Takes off a tremendous servant to the club on what could be his last ever home game.

Warnock is a journeyman, he probably can't comprehend how much that would have hurt Whitts.
    Well considering he rescued our club form oblivion he can do whatever he wants this season in my book, he have to take aboard we are running on empty ,the team are shagged and tired , and we have no squad thanks to the overspending buffoons before him ,who could not sign their name correctly never mind a decent player .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well considering he rescued our club form oblivion he can do whatever he wants this season in my book, he have to take aboard we are running on empty ,the team are shagged and tired , and we have no squad thanks to the overspending buffoons before him ,who could not sign their name correctly never mind a decent player .
    Oblivion?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm not sure what you know that we don't about the club's position.

As for having no squad, neither did Slade. He managed 8th. He also had his hands tied financially. I'm confused why people give Slade stick, and Warnock credit. The football is not much different, the club is lower in the table, and a club legend was subbed unceremoniously in what could be his last home game for a club that has seen him in 2 cup finals, 1 promotion, and two stadiums. Warnock didn't even shake Whittingham's hand when he went off.

We are a better team without Whitts. 1 player with dynamism replacing a luxury who occasionally plays a good pass, but is increasingly slow of thought and deed.

Don't mind him coming on later if we are in control. But overall, we don't need him.

Maybe if he had shown or felt the "pashun" he did when he came off last night at any time before, it might have been easier to understand him. He is enigmatic to the point of appearing not to mind.

You are definitely getting me mixed up with someone else.

You are definitely getting me mixed up with someone else.

Hmmm. As crazy as It sounds, I could have got you mixed up with Tandy!
    To a short sighted dyslexic 'Lardy' looks an awful lot like 'Tandy'.
    My heartfelt apologies for this sir.

I was a bit miffed with all the hounding going on of our gloriously leader and got confused, and your comment of the wisdom of NW about taking Whitts off with half hour to go as opposed to 5 minutes didn't help.

My points on the subject are still relevant tho. In Neil we trust!

Hmmm. As crazy as It sounds, I could have got you mixed up with Tandy!
    To a short sighted dyslexic 'Lardy' looks an awful lot like 'Tandy'.
    My heartfelt apologies for this sir.

I was a bit miffed with all the hounding going on of our gloriously leader and got confused, and your comment of the wisdom of NW about taking Whitts off with half hour to go as opposed to 5 minutes didn't help.

My points on the subject are still relevant tho. In Neil we trust!
    It was worse than I thought