+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outmuscled, outclassed by a team with the greater desire to win

Re: Outmuscled, outclassed by a team with the greater desire to win

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Personally I thought we matched them for most of the game and the only difference was better finishing ( ours was awful) and 2 big refereeing decisions- Morrison goal and free kick and 12 yards distance for their first.

If we'd scored first we would have won.

Hoillett , Harris and No one were poor as was Halford. The rest were decent and if we'd started with Ralls and Pilks instead of Halford and Harris we would have got a result.

Atmosphere was good - why dig at the Canton, the Ninian ( where I sit) were as usual like a mortuary.
    Canton were pretty good and Newcastle fans excellent. Again might have been different if we'd scored first
    Spot on. We missed some right sitters tonight. Halford was poor, his distribution is nowhere near good enough to play in central midfield. Funny how Ralls has gone from a player who didn't wholly convince to someone who we really miss when he's not in the side

Considering where we have come from under Trollope when we could n`t create a chance against the poorest of the division i think we were just a quality finisher away from getting a result.
    As for the ref he was a right James Hunt.

Newcastle will struggle next season if they don't strengthen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We are far from lightweight and were not outmuscled. We lack quality.
    Success next season will depend on what quality comes in. The form table from when Warnock came in as us in 9th. We are not far off.
    Maybe it's that the extra 10% of quality makes such a visible difference, but which area of the field do you think is strong enough to be promoted currently? If we had injuries to Zohore and Morrison or Bamba we'd be in a different position. Jazz and Bennett with Peltier on the bench seems solid.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Maybe it's that the extra 10% of quality makes such a visible difference, but which area of the field do you think is strong enough to be promoted currently? If we had injuries to Zohore and Morrison or Bamba we'd be in a different position. Jazz and Bennett with Peltier on the bench seems solid.
    I think you've summed that up quite well. In my opinion the players currently here who are good enough to be first team squad, once surrounded by better players, are:

McGregor
    Bennett
    Richards
    Peltier
    Connolly
    Manga
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Gunnarsson
    Zohore

So that means we need 2 more strikers, 2 more wingers and 2 more midfielders who'd be first team squad based on where we are now. To complement these I think the following could do a job off the bench/as replacements:

Hoilett
    K Harris
    Healey
    Pilkington
    Whitts
    Ralls
    Murphy
    Noone
    Ralls

This gives us 19 'good enough' first team squad players at present. I think at least 4 will leave this summer, and could be as many as 7. We'd therefore need to find another 13 first team squad players.

Of those I think have to go to make room:

Halford
    Amos
    John
    Gounongbe

So this is going to be a very big Summer in terms of change in the players, and I don't think we have enough money to purchase enough quality in one Summer. However, it'll be interesting to see how good a go Warnock can make of this period. He's had a good run up at it and I hope he's already got a number of players lined up. Great to see Zohore sign until 2020. Now need to get the rest of the side in quickly ready for pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Pretty certain it was Jazz Richards. 2 handed push and the replay showed the ref had a clear view. Halfords shirt pull was a clear penalty if the officials seen it. But I dont think they did. Both were penalties.
    Shirt pulls and pushes go on all the time.
    If you look closely enough at the replays you could probably pick a couple up for us too. Certainly there weee challenges at the set pieces which were worse.

And as for the Richards decision we all felt Atsu threw himself to the ground - not for the first time. Not that this was a game defining decision as it was pretty much over by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Shirt pulls and pushes go on all the time.
    If you look closely enough at the replays you could probably pick a couple up for us too. Certainly there weee challenges at the set pieces which were worse.

And as for the Richards decision we all felt Atsu threw himself to the ground - not for the first time. Not that this was a game defining decision as it was pretty much over by then.

Credit where it's due, you're funny at times, although almost certainly not deliberately so.

Surely an obsessive like your good self recorded the game? If so, watch the incidents back and stop gibbering rubbish.