+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: North Korea test fires another ballistic missile

North Korea test fires another ballistic missile

North Korea ballistic missile test fails, NBC News confirms - http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/28/north...le-report.html

They launched it towards the Sea of Japan, but it failed to make a splash as it broke up over their own territory.

Re: North Korea test fires another ballistic missile

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    North Korea ballistic missile test fails, NBC News confirms - http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/28/north...le-report.html

They launched it towards the Sea of Japan, but it failed to make a splash as it broke up over their own territory.
    Don't mention the Sea of Japan to the South Koreans. The title is a huge matter of contention for them.

I've watched many North Korea videos and I'm sure it's a paper tiger with airplanes, warships, subs, tanks and artillery pieces from the 1950's. Aside from distant figures, I've yet to see anyone from outside the military and police doing any work. Their showpiece capital has less traffic than 1930s London. Even during strictly controlled guided tours there's regular power cuts. One I viewed recently featured an immaculate hospital but the doctor's refused to allow the cameras to capture any patients never mind the reporter speak to any.

I've watched many North Korea videos and I'm sure it's a paper tiger with airplanes, warships, subs, tanks and artillery pieces from the 1950's. Aside from distant figures, I've yet to see anyone from outside the military and police doing any work. Their showpiece capital has less traffic than 1930s London. Even during strictly controlled guided tours there's regular power cuts. One I viewed recently featured an immaculate hospital but the doctor's refused to allow the cameras to capture any patients never mind the reporter speak to any.
    Buy a copy of the book 'Nothing To Envy'. It consists of six stories of people who escaped North Korea. The level of indoctrination is incredible.

Yes, a system built on a personality cult and constant indoctrination from birth. Maybe the whole shebang is an elaborate beta test for something much bigger and worldwide.

Meanwhile, Trump has weighed in on the NK missile test.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    North Korea disrespected the wishes of China & its highly respected President when it launched, though unsuccessfully, a missile today. Bad!
    12:26 AM - 29 Apr 2017

Didn't they also raise a symbolic middle finger to the Yanks too?

I'm sure none of this is happening, and there is no North Korea or threat ,it's a made up right wing media thing ,bit like the Trueman Show , bloody Tories, Israelis , BBC and Trump they stoop to anything ???

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Buy a copy of the book 'Nothing To Envy'. It consists of six stories of people who escaped North Korea. The level of indoctrination is incredible.
    How does blatant indoctrination compare to subtle indoctrination?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I have some family in Bristol - and it really p1sses them off when I talk about the Cardiff Channel rather than the Bristol Channel.
    No better than the left and right divisive argument then , it's all about ones personal channel of choice .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm sure none of this is happening, and there is no North Korea or threat ,it's a made up right wing media thing ,bit like the Trueman Show , bloody Tories, Israelis , BBC and Trump they stoop to anything ???
    North Korea has been making blood-curdling threats for years. They've made so many that South Koreans pay them no attention. It's the same this time; there's no panic is Seoul and their stock market has been shooting upwards rather than plummeting. But for reasons that are not immediately clear the Yanks and corporate media are intent on portraying them as a massive threat.

It's the USA that is a war machine and not the North Koreans. The quote below from Arundhati Roy could be closer to what's appertaining.

Once weapons were manufactured to fight wars. Now wars are manufactured to sell weapons.

North Korea has been making blood-curdling threats for years. They've made so many that South Koreans pay them no attention. It's the same this time; there's no panic is Seoul and their stock market has been shooting upwards rather than plummeting. But for reasons that are not immediately clear the Yanks and corporate media are intent on portraying them as a massive threat.

It's the USA that is a war machine and not the North Koreans. The quote below from Arundhati Roy could be closer to what's appertaining.

Once weapons were manufactured to fight wars. Now wars are manufactured to sell weapons.
    Wasn't the NK leader western educated? (alledgedly)

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    How does blatant indoctrination compare to subtle indoctrination?
    Read a few books about North Korea and China under Mao. I'd recommend 'Wild Swans' in respect of the latter.
    Last edited by Taunton Blue Genie; 01-05-17 at 12:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Read a few books about North Korea and China under Mao. I'd recommend 'Wild Swans' in respect of the latter.
    Thanks for the book recommendations, it will be interesting to compare it with western indoctrination, which is less visible to most people

Three failures on the trot , I wonder if someone has found a peaceful way of stopping this development.

I do remember another Middle East state being befuddled with development issues .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Three failures on the trot , I wonder if someone has found a peaceful way of stopping this development.

I do remember another Middle East state being befuddled with development issues .
    One has to wonder.

If so, who else is busy neutering who else's ICBM arsenal ?
    I hope they all are.