+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: First quarter GDP - UK +0.3%, US +0.7%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: First quarter GDP - UK +0.3%, US +0.7%

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    the deficit has reduced by almost £100bn in those ten years, that is hardly a failure. would you have preferred greater austerity and massive cuts to public services to bring the deficit down sooner?
    So when the next England manager comes in and says 'I will build a team to win the world cup', he should be judged a success because he got out of the group stages. They told us categorically they would do something and then they didn't manage it, if that isn't the definition of failure then maybe we don't speak the same language!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    So when the next England manager comes in and says 'I will build a team to win the world cup', he should be judged a success because he got out of the group stages. They told us categorically they would do something and then they didn't manage it, if that isn't the definition of failure then maybe we don't speak the same language!
    Pointing out a governments failures can lead to alot of tit for tat replies. I though the boom bust period was over in the noughties. Oops there's another failure.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    i said getting the deficit down £100bn was hardly a failure. i didn't say they had achieved their forecasts.