+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: “He must have been watching a different game to me”.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: “He must have been watching a different game to me”.

Got it through Googling it.
    Strange.
    Sounds like you had a similar view on things to me.

Although for the offside decision I just thought that the linesman had spotted Zohore offside and had assumed he was not interfering with play until the defender fell over and then maybe adjudged he'd fallen over due to Zohore's presence.

I just took it as 'one of those things'.

I also had a heavy nosebleed for some strange reason for 15 minutes in the middle of the 1st half, which made my retire under the stand.
    This must have been when Richards made his heavy tackle ?
    As I don't recall that at all.
    In fact it was a very clean game overall, for a Warnock side we seem to have had a lot of those- maybe another indication of a side taking it a little bit easy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Got it through Googling it.
    Strange.
    Sounds like you had a similar view on things to me.

Although for the offside decision I just thought that the linesman had spotted Zohore offside and had assumed he was not interfering with play until the defender fell over and then maybe adjudged he'd fallen over due to Zohore's presence.

I just took it as 'one of those things'.

I also had a heavy nosebleed for some strange reason for 15 minutes in the middle of the 1st half, which made my retire under the stand.
    This must have been when Richards made his heavy tackle ?
    As I don't recall that at all.
    In fact it was a very clean game overall, for a Warnock side we seem to have had a lot of those- maybe another indication of a side taking it a little bit easy ?
    Richards was booked in the second half (he slid in on the half way line with his boot slightly raised) and I don't think the ref could be criticised for that decision, can't remember one in the first half though.

I agree it was a clean game - I thought Warnock would have had City really wound up and the tackles would be flying in given his history with Benitez.

Richards tackle was 2nd half. Middle of the pitch and on another day a ref could have given a red.

I didnt go last night. Might be one of those that looks far worse when you see it on TV.

Zahore was well offside for the other instant. Flag was always going to go up when he chased their player down.
    I thought the disallowed goal was harsh. The free kick for their goal was a clear foul.

I dont think we are far off being a challenging team. Dont understand why Halford was in the side instead of Ralls. Also think Pilkington would have been a better bet than Noone. Midfield was much better with the introduction of Ralls and Pilkington.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Richards tackle was 2nd half. Middle of the pitch and on another day a ref could have given a red.

I didnt go last night. Might be one of those that looks far worse when you see it on TV.

Zahore was well offside for the other instant. Flag was always going to go up when he chased their player down.
    I thought the disallowed goal was harsh. The free kick for their goal was a clear foul.

I dont think we are far off being a challenging team. Dont understand why Halford was in the side instead of Ralls. Also think Pilkington would have been a better bet than Noone. Midfield was much better with the introduction of Ralls and Pilkington.
    If what Zohore did wasn't deemed to be a foul (the free kick was only given when Zohore took the ball, not when the Newcastle player fell over), then it seems wrong to me to make the leap that the Newcastle defender only fell over and touched the ball because of his presence - last I heard, the benefit of any doubt with offside decisions should go to the attacking side, but in this case the defending side seem to have been given it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If what Zohore did wasn't deemed to be a foul (the free kick was only given when Zohore took the ball, not when the Newcastle player fell over), then it seems wrong to me to make the leap that the Newcastle defender only fell over and touched the ball because of his presence - last I heard, the benefit of any doubt with offside decisions should go to the attacking side, but in this case the defending side seem to have been given it twice.
    It wasnt benefit of the doubt though. Zahore was clearly offside and when he interfered the flag went up.Im pretty certain he didnt flag for a foul he was on the other side of the pitch. If hes flagged for a foul hes got that wrong and hes missed the offside. Otherwise hes made the right decision on the offside though he could have flagged a couple of seconds earlier.

Maybe another decision that TV gives a better perspective of.

They looked at this in summarising and agreed a correct decision was made and id agree.

Newcastle also should have had 2 penalties. One against Halford first half and one against Richards 2nd.

The ref didnt have a great night but it wasnt all against us.

Though would Morrissons goal have been disallowed if it had been a Newcastle player at St James - I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It wasnt benefit of the doubt though. Zahore was clearly offside and when he interfered the flag went up.Im pretty certain he didnt flag for a foul he was on the other side of the pitch. If hes flagged for a foul hes got that wrong and hes missed the offside. Otherwise hes made the right decision on the offside though he could have flagged a couple of seconds earlier.

Maybe another decision that TV gives a better perspective of.

They looked at this in summarising and agreed a correct decision was made and id agree.
    Just seen this again and you're completely right. When the ball gets played through, Zohore quickly steps back into an onside position before continuing his run. This fools the commentator but not the officials. The flag could go up sooner but I suppose it's only when he touches the ball that he's directly affecting the play. It's the same as when a long range shot comes in when a player is an offside position. As long as he's not in the keeper's way then he's not offside but if the the keeper saves it and it falls to him then he is. The keeper touching the ball doesn't play the striker onside, it's irrelevant, it's whether the striker is involved or not that matters.