+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: “He must have been watching a different game to me”.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: “He must have been watching a different game to me”.

I've never been one to blame officials for any loses we have, especially now the infamous Barry Knight has long gone. We are certainly quite a way behind Newcastle who deserved their win last night. Their cutting edge and quality was evident and perhaps just as significantly the squad depth embarrassed us somewhat.

But the ref was awful. The challenge which ended Kadeems game and perhaps season went unpunished and I thought that Newcastle were given much more benefit of doubt than we were throughout.

Paul, thought Zahore was offside and I don't understand 'phases of play' well enough to make a significant contribution but it looked a harsh decision when a defender touches the ball.

Over​all thought we looked tired and leggy.

I am not sure some of the criticism I've seen aimed at certain players is deserved. Much has been asked of them since Warnock took over and with such a small squad they have trained and played to maximum levels to essentially rescue our season. Let's give them a break.

In a way I am pleased with last night as it reiterates the areas we need to strengthen... Guile, pace and finishing and a little more steel and workrate in the middle of the park.

Jazz was super again and made some excellent challenges.

Re: “He must have been watching a different game to me”.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I've never been one to blame officials for any loses we have, especially now the infamous Barry Knight has long gone. We are certainly quite a way behind Newcastle who deserved their win last night. Their cutting edge and quality was evident and perhaps just as significantly the squad depth embarrassed us somewhat.

But the ref was awful. The challenge which ended Kadeems game and perhaps season went unpunished and I thought that Newcastle were given much more benefit of doubt than we were throughout.

Paul, thought Zahore was offside and I don't understand 'phases of play' well enough to make a significant contribution but it looked a harsh decision when a defender touches the ball.

Over​all thought we looked tired and leggy.

I am not sure some of the criticism I've seen aimed at certain players is deserved. Much has been asked of them since Warnock took over and with such a small squad they have trained and played to maximum levels to essentially rescue our season. Let's give them a break.

In a way I am pleased with last night as it reiterates the areas we need to strengthen... Guile, pace and finishing and a little more steel and workrate in the middle of the park.

Jazz was super again and made some excellent challenges.

Just the thought of Barry Knight of Orpington makes my blood boil!

I agree about Jazz, one of the most improved players since Warnock arrived in my opinion. Prior to that I was wondering if we had made a mistake in signing him.