At times last night - especially when Ralls and Pilkington came on I thought we played some really good football.

Some of the interplay was excellent, and I thought Bennett and a Richards were especially impressive.

Bennett is a lovely footballer and for once a full back who is comfortable going forward. His weakness for me is standing off his man. Too many early crosses- and considering he's reasonably quick I think he can get tighter.

Richards sometimes gets turned, but is wholehearted and has a decent engine and reasonable technique- is just like to see him hit a few more ambitious balls. Sometimes comes back rather than trying to get to the by line or get an early cross in.

Difficult to see the solid Perrier getting back in.

I also felt that Gunnar won a lot of ball in the middle and disastrous back pass apart Morrison was good again.

Given the goals given at Villa and Wolves where he was outmuscled/ fouled and the Barnsley one where Gunnar was clearly fouled, then Morrisons goal yesterday just shows the different laws the refs seem to use for challenges in the box.

We were very unlucky with that.
Also the Newcastle goal- is like to see the challenge for the free kick again- looked soft to me- and with a kick a yard or 2 outside the 18 yard box why line up the wall a similar distance in front of the 6 yard box ?

Most of the time walls seem to be 8-9 yards back - that one looked 11-12.

2 games v Newcastle this season where they were given all the big decisions.
I felt over the 180 minutes of those 2 games we matched them. I'm still yet to see us beat them ( missed the cup game) in nearly 40 years as a fan.