Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
During the financial crash, i had 2 kids and i had my hours cut in work down to 3 days a week. in effect i lost 40% of my weekly wage. It was tough. What i did have however was time my children were young and we could spend our time in parks, and doing things that were free, even though life was tough, i was lucky enough to manage to keep food on the table and a roof over our heads. However life was still decent. If we wanted a holiday it was UK based, maybe camping, its all life experience and children just want to do things as a family anyway.

In the past 5 years things have recovered. The work has picked up and there is a little bit more money there. However i think people can have a decent life on a lot less money than people think, and its amazing how much money you waste.
That would have been more or less my contribution to this thread.
My business suffered massively during the financial crash, it only just survived. 3 holiday abroad a year became camping weekends. The camping weekends were brilliant some of the best times of our lives as a family .
I have tried to teach my children that whilst you need money to survive there is much more to life than money and possessions.

On the subject of debt , I hope when I pop my clogs I am into the banks for plenty and they cant get the money from my estate
Much better than leaving stacks in a savings account . As the expression goes" you cant take it with you "