+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How much do you need to earn these days for decent life???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: How much do you need to earn these days for decent life???

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Take Liz Windsor for example. She stuffs £43 million quid in her purse every year courtesy of the Sovereign Grant. Not a bad rate of pay for a spot of occasional half-hearted waving.
    Liz brings in a few quid in tourism where as Nigel who never done a days work just flew back from Florida with his 6 kids.

Being a few years from retirement l hope **** all as l fully expect after what will be close on fifty years of working and paying tax and NI that the state will keep me,l won't hold my breath(mind you l bet the powers that be wish l would)

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Liz brings in a few quid in tourism where as Nigel who never done a days work just flew back from Florida with his 6 kids.
    According to this source the cost of the royal family comes to £334M per annum:
    https://www.republic.org.uk/what-we-want/royal-finances

I honestly think that the thread title ought to be:

What do we consider to be a 'decent life' these days ? Can we afford it?

If yes, Great.
    If not, should we get a bit more realistic and cut our cloth accordingly, or find some other method of funding it (legally, ideally) without it actually half killing us just for the sake of our own material ambitions? ;)

That thought should help determine how much would need to be earned. Or where we need a reality check.
    The way I see it is - we all deserve a decent life, but equally we are not entitled to anything that we cannot actually hope to afford.

A lot of folks, friends and colleagues, who I talk to these days seem to have developed material ambitions that are outside their true financial outlook.
    Especially in many areas of e.g. Wales where wages are not fantastic, but cultural/material ambitions remain about the same.
    Last edited by Vimana.; 01-05-17 at 14:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post

If yes, Great.
    If not, should we get a bit more realistic and cut our cloth accordingly, or find some other method of funding it (legally, ideally) without it actually half killing us just for the sake of our own material ambitions? ;)

That thought should help determine how much would need to be earned. Or where we need a reality check.
    The way I see it is - we all deserve a decent life, but equally we are not entitled to anything that we cannot actually hope to afford.

A lot of folks, friends and colleagues, who I talk to these days seem to have developed material ambitions that are outside their true financial outlook.
    Especially in many areas of e.g. Wales where wages are not fantastic, but cultural/material ambitions remain about the same.
    Well said that man

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post

If yes, Great.

Good post. Also, if the suggestion is that a decent life is created by being able to afford a few material treats, we must be easily pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    There is no evidence that the royal family bring in any money in tourism.

In fact, were we to get rid of them we would be able to open up the STATE OWNED palaces that we pay them to live in and attract lots of tourists to look at them instead.

The palace of Versailles gets millions more visitors per year than Buckingham palace.