+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Huddersfield's 10 changes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Huddersfield's 10 changes

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I bit naughty imo but considering Villa weren't going to turn up for their game today either it kind of evens out??
    Try telling Forest that - I think when there's promotion and/or relegation involved for the opposition teams are under an obligation to put their best teams out and I'd like to see Huddersfield fined to try and make sure it doesn't happen again. It's different next week when they be playing a team who are going to finish somewhere between eleventh and fourteenth, but if Forest go down, they can feel it was all a bit of a carve up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Try telling Forest that - I think when there's promotion and/or relegation involved for the opposition teams are under an obligation to put their best teams out and I'd like to see Huddersfield fined to try and make sure it doesn't happen again. It's different next week when they be playing a team who are going to finish somewhere between eleventh and fourteenth, but if Forest go down, they can feel it was all a bit of a carve up.
    Totally disagree with your view on this. A Squad is a squad. Be it 21 players or 30 players. Each manager has the choice which players he plays each game. The likes of Forest are where they are because they have been shite for most of the season.
    If you have to rely on others at the business end of a season, then you have only yourselves to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Totally disagree with your view on this. A Squad is a squad. Be it 21 players or 30 players. Each manager has the choice which players he plays each game. The likes of Forest are where they are because they have been shite for most of the season.
    If you have to rely on others at the business end of a season, then you have only yourselves to blame.
    Agree, its over a season not a game. Huddersfield have to look to their own path which is to try and be fresh for the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Huddersfield got where they are this season by putting out teams that were completely different to the one they fielded on Saturday - they owe it to the rest of the division to carry the same philosophy as they've shown for forty odd matches into their final few games of the regular season if their opponents are involved in promotion/relegation matters.

They put a virtual reserve team out on Saturday despite the fact that they knew that they were facing a team who are not involved at either end of the table in their final match - rest players in that match, by all means but I bet Birmingham couldn't believe their luck last weekend.

Huddersfield deserve to be fined and I hope Forest get the chance to beat them as convincingly as they did over Easter next season.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 03-05-17 at 09:02.

Feedback

Huddersfield got where they are this season by putting out teams that were completely different to the one they fielded on Saturday - they owe it to the rest of the division to carry the same philosophy as they've shown for forty odd matches into their final few games of the regular season if their opponents are involved in promotion/relegation matters.

They put a virtual reserve team out on Saturday despite the fact that they knew that they were facing a team who are not involved at either end of the table in their final match - rest players in that match, by all means but I bet Birmingham couldn't believe their luck last weekend.

Huddersfield deserve to be fined and I hope Forest get the chance to beat them as convincingly as they did over Easter next season.
    where does it say that Huddersfield have to play their strongest team every game? This is a marathon and not a sprint and Forest, Birmingham and Blackburn only have themselves to blame for their current predicament. I am sure that during the season the aforementioned had opponents who fielded less than their very best but because we are at the business end of the season it suddenly becomes far more noticeable. Still, it is always easier to blame someone else for your own misfortune than undertake a period of introspection

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    where does it say that Huddersfield have to play their strongest team every game? This is a marathon and not a sprint and Forest, Birmingham and Blackburn only have themselves to blame for their current predicament. I am sure that during the season the aforementioned had opponents who fielded less than their very best but because we are at the business end of the season it suddenly becomes far more noticeable. Still, it is always easier to blame someone else for your own misfortune than undertake a period of introspection
    It's in the EFL rules, according to their spokesman.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...nst-birmingham

How you define strongest team is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's in the EFL rules, according to their spokesman.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...nst-birmingham

How you define strongest team is another matter.
    That's an excellent point, especially with a large squad. If NW picks Bamba and Morrison at CB can he expect a call from the FA asking why he left manga on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    That's an excellent point, especially with a large squad. If NW picks Bamba and Morrison at CB can he expect a call from the FA asking why he left manga on the bench?
    It's a good question, having said that, in this case it is pretty clear cut it isn't their strongest side. The FA have only enforced this rule when a manager has made sweeping changes, although I'm sure Mick McCarthy dropped his entire side once after a defeat...

To be fair, it's not Huddersfield's fault that Forest are in a relegation battle.

I can certainly understand why they'd be upset, but equally, if one or more of Huddersfield's key players were to pick up an injury that ended up costing them promotion, then people would be asking why those players were risked in a "nothing" (for huddersfield) game

Remember when some of us suggested we should lose a game so that the second leg would be away? Jones' last season maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Remember when some of us suggested we should lose a game so that the second leg would be away? Jones' last season maybe?
    After we bollocked up our automatic promotion attempt 2010/11 when we lost 3-0 at home to Middlesbrough, we drew at Burnley on the final day of the season, while Swansea won to leapfrog us into 3rd place. Dave Jones made a comment after the game, which I can't find on google, hinting they would rather have faced Reading in the playoffs. Forest, who lost narrowly to Swansea, had beaten us twice in the league that season and were likely to have finished in 6th. Whether finishing 4th was planned to avoid Forest, I guess we'll never know. What we do know is that, once Craig Bellamy hobbled off in the playoffs, we looked less likely to score than Sludge on an 18-30 holiday.