+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huddersfield's 10 changes

Re: Huddersfield's 10 changes

We used to have threads like this over the poor old long lamented FA Cup. Draw a big club now in the early rounds to see, maybe, tomorrow's stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I would least like Huddersfield to go up because they're the least likely to be good next season. Selfish but there we go. Sheff Weds, Fulham and Reading are all bigger clubs and are less likely to have players poached. Also, players like Mooy and Palmer are loanees and will go back.

I would rather they played their strongest side. They have all season* but they gave Birmingham a team in wretched form**, an easier game. 3 points matters down there, and I don't think it is right. This isn't bad luck, it is the fact that Birmingham have effectively been gifted three points. Also, now Forest and Blackburn could both get 51 points and go down.

Resting players 3 weeks before the playoffs is farcical and shouldn't be done against teams with something to play for. I doubt Wagner would be so chuffed if they went up and Man Utd played a weakened side against a rival a la West Ham when Sheffield United got relegated***.
    * Not true, the stats show they have used a squad throughout the season.
    **Their form is consistent with their whole season.
    ***West Ham played with illegal players, not a weakened team!

The league is to blame, not the football clubs...

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    * Not true, the stats show they have used a squad throughout the season.
    **Their form is consistent with their whole season.
    ***West Ham played with illegal players, not a weakened team!

The league is to blame, not the football clubs...
    Point 1, they rested all of their star players. Players like Mooy, Schindler, Lowe, van la Parra and Wells have started almost every game, whereas Bunn and Holmes-Dennis were making their 5th and 3rd starts of the season. It is fine to rotate but when you chuck an entire squad of players that have barely played, you regularly get results like Saturday.
    Point 2, they have 2 wins out of 24, before Saturday. So before that, they'd won half their games. Birmingham have been awful post Rowett, and they were given an easy task.
    Point 3, Manchester United played the weakened side, allowing West Ham to win and relegating Sheff Utd. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/6627803.stm

Feedback

Point 2, they have 2 wins out of 24, before Saturday. So before that, they'd won half their games. Birmingham have been awful post Rowett, and they were given an easy task.

Fine by me. IMO, Huddersfield have every right do do what they think is best for them.

Point 1, they rested all of their star players. Players like Mooy, Schindler, Lowe, van la Parra and Wells have started almost every game, whereas Bunn and Holmes-Dennis were making their 5th and 3rd starts of the season. It is fine to rotate but when you chuck an entire squad of players that have barely played, you regularly get results like Saturday.
    Point 3, Manchester United played the weakened side, allowing West Ham to win and relegating Sheff Utd. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/6627803.stm
    West Ham won on a penalty taken and scored by an illegal player.

Sheff Utd had to win at home to f*****g Wigan but lost to a penalty! It was all in Shef Utds hands, nobody else.

League to blame, not clubs.

‘It leaves a nasty taste in my mouth’

http://talksport.com/football/it-lea...-weakened-team

The rules say Huddersfield were wrong, there are precedents which say they were wrong and now our manager is saying it was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

The rules say Huddersfield were wrong, there are precedents which say they were wrong and now our manager is saying it was wrong.
    No shit Warnock has a nasty taste, he needed a win at home against Wigan but failed to a penalty....nothing to do with any other team other than his and the referee in THAT game.

Again if its wrong, league need to make it clear and simple not teams!

Can't believe your getting your knickers in a twist about this! Can you explain to me, with all your football knowledge, why Huddersfield should give a shit about Forest, Blackburn etc?
    We laugh when club owners try to interfere with a managers team choice or tactics, but you think it's ok for the FA to do the same?
    Huddersfield have a legitimate, pre season named squad, like every other team in the world. How they use that squad should be up to the manager alone.
    Wasn't too many of our fans complaining when Malky played a weakened team against Macclesfield, resulting in the worst result in our history.
    Good luck to the terriers. I hope they get their promotion. The likes of Forest and Blackburn should have won more points throughout the season.

No shit Warnock has a nasty taste, he needed a win at home against Wigan but failed to a penalty....nothing to do with any other team other than his and the referee in THAT game.

Again if its wrong, league need to make it clear and simple not teams!
    I would have thought that having it in the rules and fining sides who have done it in the past was making it clear and simple .

I would have thought that having it in the rules and fining sides who have done it in the past was making it clear and simple .
    So strange then that team persist with something that is clear and simple

I thought the league confirmed the result will stand, as it did when Shef Utd failed to win at home

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    And BLACKBURN. Everyone is ignoring them, is it because they won on Saturday?

Let's also not forget that some of the ones who feel Huddersfield were wrong were criticising Slade last season for not playing kids at the end of last season.
    Why do I think you're referring to me there? If you're going to make accusations like that at least get it right. I didn't criticise Slade for not picking youngsters at the end of the season last year, it was the year before that when we had two months of the season when we had nothing to play for - last season we were still in with a chance of promotion until our forty fifth match, so I was hardly going to be slagging Slade off for not picking youngsters then was I.

As I acknowledged a while back, I was partially wrong to have a go at Slade in about half of the games we played in those last two months in 14/15 because we were up against sides that still had promotion/relegation issues when we played them, but there were plenty of other matches where he could have experimented a bit that wouldn't have affected the top and the bottom of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Can't believe your getting your knickers in a twist about this! Can you explain to me, with all your football knowledge, why Huddersfield should give a shit about Forest, Blackburn etc?
    We laugh when club owners try to interfere with a managers team choice or tactics, but you think it's ok for the FA to do the same?
    Huddersfield have a legitimate, pre season named squad, like every other team in the world. How they use that squad should be up to the manager alone.
    Wasn't too many of our fans complaining when Malky played a weakened team against Macclesfield, resulting in the worst result in our history.
    Good luck to the terriers. I hope they get their promotion. The likes of Forest and Blackburn should have won more points throughout the season.
    Loads of city fans complained about the Macclesfield game. Far more, on here, were unhappy than happy.

Why do I think you're referring to me there? If you're going to make accusations like that at least get it right. I didn't criticise Slade for not picking youngsters at the end of the season last year, it was the year before that when we had two months of the season when we had nothing to play for - last season we were still in with a chance of promotion until our forty fifth match, so I was hardly going to be slagging Slade off for not picking youngsters then was I.

As I acknowledged a while back, I was partially wrong to have a go at Slade in about half of the games we played in those last two months in 14/15 because we were up against sides that still had promotion/relegation issues when we played them, but there were plenty of other matches where he could have experimented a bit that wouldn't have affected the top and the bottom of the table.

It could have effected who finished 9th or 14th or 17th though.

So, when is the integrity of the competition less legitimate?

Here's an example for you.

Team A and Team B are both guaranteed to be in the play offs and there are 2 games left. Team A are playing 2 mid table teams with "nothing to play for". Team B have 2 games, one against a side battling relegation.

The EFL tells the manager of Tram B that he MUST pick his strongest team for the match against the relegation threatened team. Team A has no restrictions placed on it.

Team A play Team B in the semi finals. Where's the integrity in that playoff competition - with both teams having earned the right to rest players, but one team being prevented from doing so because of the fixture list?

It's a squad game over 46 matches. Teams go down because they're not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Loads of city fans complained about the Macclesfield game. Far more, on here, were unhappy than happy.
    Sorry Lardy. Think your wrong there. There were far more posters who didn't give a shit about it than those who did.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    They had 31 points after 21 games. I don't see your point?

West Ham won on a penalty taken and scored by an illegal player.

Sheff Utd had to win at home to f*****g Wigan but lost to a penalty! It was all in Shef Utds hands, nobody else.

League to blame, not clubs.
    Yes the League were to blame as well but Manchester United gave West Ham a greater chance to win? Surely you can see that by not playing Ronaldo etc it gave West Ham a massive helping hand? This is just one example of this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's in the EFL rules, according to their spokesman.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...nst-birmingham

How you define strongest team is another matter.
    That's an excellent point, especially with a large squad. If NW picks Bamba and Morrison at CB can he expect a call from the FA asking why he left manga on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    That's an excellent point, especially with a large squad. If NW picks Bamba and Morrison at CB can he expect a call from the FA asking why he left manga on the bench?
    It's a good question, having said that, in this case it is pretty clear cut it isn't their strongest side. The FA have only enforced this rule when a manager has made sweeping changes, although I'm sure Mick McCarthy dropped his entire side once after a defeat...

Yes the League were to blame as well but Manchester United gave West Ham a greater chance to win? Surely you can see that by not playing Ronaldo etc it gave West Ham a massive helping hand? This is just one example of this happening.
    Fine margins, both game decided by penalties and as mentioned HAD Shef Utd won their game at home to Wigan they might not have been relegated.

West Ham should have been in bigger trouble for illegal players but Man Utds side didn't impact the Shef Utd result, they lost!