The type of player Cardiff should be on the lookout for. So says the 4th Official whoever that is in a weblog today:-

"Swansea City’s veteran midfielder Leon Britton is edging closer to the concluding stages of his playing days and has fierce competition for a place in the starting line-up under Paul Clement’s regime. The Bluebirds should be keen to add a dynamic and combative midfielder like Britton who has plenty of experience of English football and who could help them in their push for a promotion next season".

I don't think many would disagree with the analysis that that is, indeed, the type of player we need to patrol the midfield in the next campaign especially if PW is to be moved on. You'd ideally want someone more youth and the likelihood of getting into double figures on the credit side if the scoresheet, but anyone in that category will come with a sizable price tag unless the manager can persuade a Chelsea or Man City to loan us one of their upcoming megastars for the season as I've urged on here recently.

I don't know what wages Britton would need but I'm sure there wouldn't be a fee involved and you can't argue with the suggestion that he's bags of experience, still has something left in the tank and given a fair chance by the Bluebirds' faithful could be an extremely valuable contributor in a team with an eye on promotion. He certainly knows what it's all about.

Question is would Cardiff fans give him a chance? Leggy, Curtis and others were able to make successful moves down the M4.

Views, please?