+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: May rules out VAT rise but refuses to rule out Income Tax or NIC hike

May rules out VAT rise but refuses to rule out Income Tax or NIC hike

General election 2017: May says Tories would not raise VAT - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39761740

But let's not forget she ruled out holding a snap General Election on five separate occasions.

Re: May rules out VAT rise but refuses to rule out Income Tax or NIC hike

Big news, I reckon if she announced a rise in the 45p upper tax rate she might beat Labour in the up and coming election

I am pleased that there has been a small start to announcing the Conservatives proposed plan. Hopefully this continues and we can start to debate which party has the best ideas going forward rather continue to play 'May's Buzzword Bingo' throughout.

You have to be very confident of how your economy will, outurn to promise that, interestingly I don't hear much backlash from opposition parties, who I guess have similar tax changes planned

We can't vote our way out of the mess because the only viable options are variations of the exact same thing, and that is continued rule by the City of London and the wealthiest few percent.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I am pleased that there has been a small start to announcing the Conservatives proposed plan. Hopefully this continues and we can start to debate which party has the best ideas going forward rather continue to play 'May's Buzzword Bingo' throughout.
    Indeed, lets hope.
    I'm concerned that, when unmasked, the current choices are actually shambles, shambles or some other shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Put May 15th in your diary - it's the day Jezza announces his fiscal policy , where JC will tell us how he will turn water into wine, feed the 5000 with 2 loafs and 5 fish as well as walking across the Thames.

Not sure of the day the Conservatives will release their manifesto - Im guessing around the same time. Not even sure if they are all supposed to do at the same time - to avoid last minute copying.....

I think Corbyn will promise the earth knowing full well he wont get anywhere near No10, so as to stick to his principals without them ever being tested
    It's a depressing scenario.
    Though if that is what pans out, then I really don't think Corbyn will be alone in offering electoral fantasy.

Bullshit, lies, guesswork and stage-managed grandstanding is about all we can expect from any of them now.

I would have thought it's obvious what all of the parties policies are by now - strong and stable from the Tories and chaos from everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I would have thought it's obvious what all of the parties policies are by now - strong and stable from the Tories and chaos from everyone else.
    And lots of pointing in "sealed" factories where the workers have already been sent home in order to provide a sanatised backdrop for the carefully rehearsed photo ops

Last edited by Wales-Bales; 02-05-17 at 14:18.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    And lots of pointing in "sealed" factories where the workers have already been sent home in order to provide a sanatised backdrop for the carefully rehearsed photo ops

All the worlds's a stage.. break a leg Theresa.

I wonder if by any chance the company representatives on the shop floor who Theresa May is being introduced to are hardcore Tory supporters and party members? It all seems like a corruption of democracy to me. The system is broken beyond repair, and a grave insult to the intelligence of normal people. What do this lot think they are going to achieve with all the pantomime BS?

I find this behaviour odd & the only thing I can think of is that as the conservatives are so far ahead in the poles their strategy is to limit opportunities for difficult questions from the press or members of the public which may impact on public opinion. I don't know why as May has conducted herself well in PMQ's & has proved herself to be a match for Corbyn, Farron & Robertson, so she can handle some difficult questions. I can understand her avoiding tv debates as she has nothing to gain but she can do a lot more than the current stage managed visits we are seeing. She has talked a ridiculous amount about strong & stable leadership so time for her to walk the walk in my view & not hide away

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    2. The Company hosting do not want any pictures shown of the inside of their factory, other than general non descript areas. I have visited a few companies like this where phones have to be handed in at the desk - BAE springs to mind.
    Why would you go to the general non descript area of a factory that is devoid of any activity with no workers present, point at a few things, and then splash it all over the news? Am I missing something? Have we all become so incredibly stupid?
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 02-05-17 at 17:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why would you go to the general non descript area of a factory that is devoid of any activity with no workers present, point at a few things, and then splash it all over the news? Am I missing something? Have we all become so incredibly stupid?
    Stupid? or disaffected, generally desensitised and ever more easily receptive to whatever doesn't inconvenience brain for more than 6 seconds, nor interrupt precious incessant iPhone ****ery time.

Although we do not have much (unless you are one of the Tory party members or press May will speak to) on what the Conservative plan is we can look at Hammond's attempt at raising tax for self-employed people as an indicator that they will be raising taxes.

We may still have a deficit but after 7 years of Tory free-reign our economy has not come close to recovery and "trickle-down" economics has clearly not worked leaving a number of those in the middle asking what benefits they may be entitled to.