+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Historic result in Welsh Cup Final.

Historic result in Welsh Cup Final.

http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/histori...win-bala-town/

The tweet of the winning goal shows quite the celebration.

Re: Historic result in Welsh Cup Final.

long gone are the days when we played Rhyl town and hednesford and beating teams like Caerau 9-0.
    i miss that competion

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

Wow.
    TNS are like the Celtic of Wales aren't they?
    Things like this just don't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    long gone are the days when we played Rhyl town and hednesford and beating teams like Caerau 9-0.
    i miss that competion
    It was the only way that Tosh scored so many goals for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Wow.
    TNS are like the Celtic of Wales aren't they?
    Things like this just don't happen
    Hartlepool apparently linked with TNS manager which may show how good a job the coaching team has done there. As far as I know they are indeed the Celtic of the league.

First Team

I used to enjoy the 'old' Welsh Cup and the European nights that came as a result of a win.
    Then they hoofed out the English clubs followed by the Welsh ones who dared not to sign up to the FAW system.
    Without wishing to take anything away from Bala they now appear to play the final at a University playing field. A bit of a comedown from the National Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I used to enjoy the 'old' Welsh Cup and the European nights that came as a result of a win.
    Then they hoofed out the English clubs followed by the Welsh ones who dared not to sign up to the FAW system.
    Without wishing to take anything away from Bala they now appear to play the final at a University playing field. A bit of a comedown from the National Stadium.
    some great european nights followed winning it, even when Barry town beat us in the final, it was still entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    That's a real shame. It should at least be a weekend in the capital and a first class stadium for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's a real shame. It should at least be a weekend in the capital and a first class stadium for the players.
    Agree.
    Though that would mean the Welsh FA old fuddy duddies would have to curb their expenses and fly business instead of 1st class.
    That or raise the prices of bookings and sending offs for the parks teams.
    Couldn't have that!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    some great european nights followed winning it, even when Barry town beat us in the final, it was still entertaining
    Great to see Barry back in the top league and a local derby against Cardiff Met next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    i miss that competion
    I went to the Caerau game I was in the Canton stand 7 of the goals were down the Grange end

Surely entering us, Swansea, Newport, Merthyr and Wrexham (well, us and Swansea at least) would only be good for the competition? Even if they added a rule like "The entire starting XI must be Welsh" it would add a bit more prestige, money and better competition

Besides, if us or Swansea were to win it, we'd be more likely to at least reach the group stages in Europe and then increase the coefficient of Welsh clubs

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Surely entering us, Swansea, Newport, Merthyr and Wrexham (well, us and Swansea at least) would only be good for the competition? Even if they added a rule like "The entire starting XI must be Welsh" it would add a bit more prestige, money and better competition

Besides, if us or Swansea were to win it, we'd be more likely to at least reach the group stages in Europe and then increase the coefficient of Welsh clubs
    We coudn't enter Europe through it without giving up the chance to enter through the English league system. Maybe unlikely that we'll qualify, but we have come within a whisker of it twice in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    We coudn't enter Europe through it without giving up the chance to enter through the English league system. Maybe unlikely that we'll qualify, but we have come within a whisker of it twice in the last decade.
    So Europe most seasons v Europe on a very unlikely off chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    So Europe most seasons v Europe on a very unlikely off chance?
    Cardiff nearly qualified for Europe twice in the last 9 years. Swansea qualified once.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Cardiff nearly qualified for Europe twice in the last 9 years. Swansea qualified once.
    The key word there is "nearly". Twice in the last nine years and through the English system, 85 odd years before that.

About five years ago, the FAW were toying with badgering UEFA into letting the Welsh exiles back into the Welsh Cup with qualification for Europe as well. I don't know how far they got, but it looks like one consequence would have been that the exiles couldn't compete in the FA cup or League cup at all.

Would we prefer to be in the Welsh Cup than the FA Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    About five years ago, the FAW were toying with badgering UEFA into letting the Welsh exiles back into the Welsh Cup with qualification for Europe as well. I don't know how far they got, but it looks like one consequence would have been that the exiles couldn't compete in the FA cup or League cup at all.

Would we prefer to be in the Welsh Cup than the FA Cup?
    The state the FA Cup and League Cup are in at the moment, I would definitely take a Welsh Cup instead.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    It was the only way that Tosh scored so many goals for us.
    Total and utter bollux! Toshack, proud Canton boy and former Grange End hero, is one of the best strikers we've ever had at this club! Toshack could score against top European clubs as well as the best in the old Second Division. Why do you think Shankly, who knew a great player when he came across one, signed him??

Thinking about entry to the Welsh cup, are we still under the jurisdiction of the FAW or are we now under the FA?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    The key word there is "nearly". Twice in the last nine years and through the English system, 85 odd years before that.
    we didn't qualify for europe in 1927

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

If thats the best of Welsh football I can see how many on here have a chuckle at Scottish football.