Thread: Outstanding Contribution

Outstanding Contribution

Peter Whittingham

Re: Outstanding Contribution

to me up there with phil dwyer

a legend to cardiff city

Absolute legend. Been crushing it for a decade, I really hope he stays but it really looks like we're seeing the end of an era.

Good luck wherever you go, Whitts

Stay Whitts.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    to me up there with phil dwyer

a legend to cardiff city
    Agree that Whitts has become a legend at CCFC but for those who are too young to remember Dwyer, two completely different players there mind. Phil "Joe" Dwyer was no expert when it came to accurate passing or goals from free kicks but he was absolutely fearless when it came to defending/tackling, not characteristics you associate with Whittingham!

He'll do what he fancies.

Thank you Whitts, and, presumably (unfortunately) goodbye and good luck.

I hope he stays but if he doesn't then am already looking forward to the autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I hope he stays but if he doesn't then am already looking forward to the autobiography.
    "In the next round we faced Premier League side Middlesbrough, I received the ball in the box, turned and swiveled past 5 men and shot into the far corner to score. I allowed myself a little smile for that one."

I'll be gutted if he leaves. He's still more than good enough for this division. Even if he's rotated more, he'll win us points over the season. Legend..

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Agree that Whitts has become a legend at CCFC but for those who are too young to remember Dwyer, two completely different players there mind. Phil "Joe" Dwyer was no expert when it came to accurate passing or goals from free kicks but he was absolutely fearless when it came to defending/tackling, not characteristics you associate with Whittingham!
    Massive Dwyer fan but sadly he could not do a tenth on the pitch that Whitts could and would struggle in today's game

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I'll be gutted if he leaves. He's still more than good enough for this division. Even if he's rotated more, he'll win us points over the season. Legend..
    Anyone can take a corner. Apparently.

Everyone has his sell by date and if players expectations don't match managers offer then there has to be a parting of the ways,if l were Whitts and Bristol City come knocking then it's a no brainer especially as the bridge tolls are due to reduce in the future and as for lining up against us at least if he were to score you know he wouldn't celebrate,a badge kisser he certainly is not

And I suppose anyone can score this many good goals

https://youtu.be/KIViASn5zjA

Goals? Pah! They are overrated.

Energy and tackling seems to be more important than goals and passing to a lot of Cardiff fans these days.

Some terrific goals in there. Scored with his head more than I remember too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Absolute legend. Been crushing it for a decade, I really hope he stays but it really looks like we're seeing the end of an era.
    This ^^

All the best Whitts, you will always have a 'licence to thrill' me.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    "In the next round we faced Premier League side Middlesbrough, I received the ball in the box, turned and swiveled past 5 men and shot into the far corner to score. I allowed myself a little smile for that one."

Whitts

Offer him a job for life at our club. No doubt he will shoot off somewhere else for a few seasons, but insist he comes back in a coaching roll. What he don't know about our club, ain't worth mentioning. Any youngster coming through, won't find a better roll model than him, the way he conducts himself and everything is spot on, and that's rare in football these days. Hes Cardiff through and through. He could be hanging around outside the shops on grand avenue ely, drinking strongbow, with a staffy, and you wouldn't no the difference from someone who was born here. That's how Cardiff witts is.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Some terrific goals in there. Scored with his head more than I remember too
    Indeed. He's a club legend. The only shame with that video is that those moments of genius that we got used to have been few and far between in recent seasons. I wonder why that is?

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=simDhhSmM2Q

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Indeed. He's a club legend. The only shame with that video is that those moments of genius that we got used to have been few and far between in recent seasons. I wonder why that is?
    Change of position?
    Ball flying over his head?

Whitts is a playmaker and when he was as at his best , he had quality strikers infront of him to feed balls to , sadly lately he has had poor strikers infront not making intelligent runs or him to be as creative. Also didn't help that he was played too deep and was less effective last few seasons until Warnock was manager

cos of all the ads on this site I reckon.