+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All matches to be streamed live next season? (Sorry if already posted)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: All matches to be streamed live next season? (Sorry if already posted)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    RIP Football.
    While it would be great for ex-pats etc, and also that I would _love_ a regular stream, I felt the same.
    Beginning of a very different era, if not 'RIP'.

Streaming services no doubt heavily sponsored/ad-blasted by Betting Companies too.

Not meaning to be a hypocrite - either way of looking at it - as I rarely get to support my club by attending in person at present, for a variety of reasons beyond my immediate control.

Blue in the Face

Re: All matches to be streamed live next season? (Sorry if already posted)

So long as they can successfully block folks accessing the live service domestically with popular VPNs (which I imagine they will), this implementation could do more good than harm. If they do block domestic stream successfully then it should have no effect on the gate. Just increases revenues from abroad.

There was news out there a couple of months ago that there was going to be a clamp down on football streaming. Not sure exactly how these changes will be implemented. I imagine it might be like here in Germany where private companies get commission via fines for catching people (downloading).The companies got so over-zealous with dishing out fines that they had to be reigned in by the government out here a couple of years ago.

As an aside, I do hope something is done in regard to illegal movie streaming. Cinemas and independent film production have taken a massive hit over the last ten years. Cinema attendances have dropped considerable amounts. Which is a big reason as to why we get these awful blockbusters and remakes constantly now, so the major studios saturate the market while factoring in losses for illegal dowloading. Netflix has also contributed to this downfall. But regardless, in my opinion, we're in possibly the worst era ever for cinema and as a movie nerd, I find it really sad. It's also rubbish for the younger generations who are unlucky not to have the wonderful Hollywood films we were blessed with 20 or 30 years ago.