+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All matches to be streamed live next season? (Sorry if already posted)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: All matches to be streamed live next season? (Sorry if already posted)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    It doesn't say all does it? Thought it said selected..
    It seems as though all of the matches other than the 148 live Sky matches televised locally in the UK and overseas will be available on iFollow. Apparently over 1500 matches next season. (which, if my math is correct Championship/League One/League Two play 552 matches per year, so 1656 total).
    https://twitter.com/SportsProLive/st...49747340951552

Over here when MLB or NHL offer packages like this (streaming packages for all games) they blackout the local team, this is usually because the local team is broadcast locally and they want to ensure attendances aren't affected. This is impossible to do over there as the channels aren't really that regional. Can't see them offering the streaming anytime soon to locals but I would have to imagine it'd be easy enough to maybe sign up and use a VPN? Guess we will see how technologically advanced this system is.

As someone who has had to listen to commentary for the good part of 10+ years while only seeing a few matches live if we happened to be televised (or i'm back in Cardiff) this sounds too good to be true. No idea of the pricing model yet, but the CC Player with audio commentary only and highlights / full matches a few days after they are played was 30 or 40 pound per year if I am remembering correctly, so would have to think this will be double that?
    Last edited by tdob (in Toronto); 01-05-17 at 13:18.