+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Wild' camping.

'Wild' camping.

I like to comfort and facilities of your modern sites, but I've been looking for a bit more of an old fashioned campsite I can take my young lads to, one where you can have a fire, has a river where you can fish, bit of air rifle shooting, archery, make rope swings that type of thing.

Does anyone know anywhere like this within a hour or so drive?

Re: 'Wild' camping.

I'd like to know this also

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I like to comfort and facilities of your modern sites, but I've been looking for a bit more of an old fashioned campsite I can take my young lads to, one where you can have a fire, has a river where you can fish, bit of air rifle shooting, archery, make rope swings that type of thing.

Tremorfa.

If you want to go wild visit this commune,i stayed for two weeks with these wonderful people.
    http://www.diggersanddreamers.org.uk...ng/tipi-valley

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    If you want to go wild visit this commune,i stayed for two weeks with these wonderful people.
    a step up from your dwelling at home i guess

but on a serious note, looks fascinating, I have seen the one in Ibiza

I backpacked with a couple who spent 3 years in India, they " purchased " ( think of it as rented ) the land up in the mountains and lived on the land, made money by growing " exotic herbs " ;-) and sold it in the local towns to backpackers

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Tremorfa.
    😁😁

Nah, no thanks. Not even if they have wifi

seems to be a popular way of life

http://www.diggersanddreamers.org.uk...members-needed

interesting reading

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Nah, no thanks. Not even if they have wifi
    that was going to be my next question

we stayed in Cornwall ( camping and surfing ) for a week ( on the last week of Easter school holidays ) i couldnt get 3G anywhere except Padstow ( and i didnt want to visit Padstow again after the first trip in )

Probably have to go abroad, if you want to experience that type of stuff (proper experience) stricked as fuk over here when it comes to all that, building a fire, shooting air rifles, fishing rivers, wouldn't surprise me if you need 12 different licenses to do that over here, plus,britain is to small to have a proper wilderness. I'd look elsewhere in Europe, if that's the kind of thing you want to taste

Like when we used to go camping from Llanrumney,top days.

Wye Valley 2 day canoeing trip

You can do the whole Deliverance thing but perhaps without the hole Deliverance thing. Your choice!

What's their beef with dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    They shit every where.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Probably have to go abroad, if you want to experience that type of stuff (proper experience) stricked as fuk over here when it comes to all that, building a fire, shooting air rifles, fishing rivers, wouldn't surprise me if you need 12 different licenses to do that over here, plus,britain is to small to have a proper wilderness. I'd look elsewhere in Europe, if that's the kind of thing you want to taste
    There are lots of campsites that allow campfires, many that have fishing too, some you have the activities on, but I've not found one that does it all.

International

Alberta is good for all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Alberta is good for all of it.
    I'm sure it is. Not really practical for a weekend though.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post

look at the small " log burners " or " firepits " ( the converted Washing machine drum or the cut up gas bottle works well enough ) , alot of campsites allow them as long as they are of the floor
    fishing lakes are fairly common aswell

you will be hard pushed to find somewhere that allows the shooting aspect of the post

I was thinking Quebec or Saskatchewan or the like as not sure where you lived.
    Watched The Revenant a few weeks back, absolutely beautiful, if slightly dangerous.

But seriously, always fancied doing it myself again, havent done since school. I'm sure most of that and more is available pretty much on our doorstep... the Brecon Beacons.

Be good to know what you decide and how you get on... if you survive

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    look at the small " log burners " or " firepits " ( the converted Washing machine drum or the cut up gas bottle works well enough ) , alot of campsites allow them as long as they are of the floor
    fishing lakes are fairly common aswell

you will be hard pushed to find somewhere that allows the shooting aspect of the post
    Yup 'when I were a lad' I we'd nip around here there and everywhere with airguns, nobody batted an eyelid.

Nowadays I think there would be an armed response unit and Hastings Arnott & Fleming in minutes.

Try Talybont in the Brecon Beacons - go to Merthyr, then North to Pontsticill and over the Glyn down into Talybont. There's a pub called the White Hart and they had a field behind the pub where you could camp by the river - the Taf Fechan. Don't know if it is still available but it used to be. It's real camping - no home comforts!

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Yup 'when I were a lad' I we'd nip around here there and everywhere with airguns, nobody batted an eyelid.

Nowadays I think there would be an armed response unit and Hastings Arnott & Fleming in minutes.

Remember the GAT air pistols?

.... I took one to school once, to sell to this kid, it was the all chrome model. The kid who was buying it was in one of the lower remedial classes and rather stupidly, I gave him some pellets to go with it - during the lunch time he had already fired it at someone and of course I was summoned to the head-teacher's office and given a letter to take home to my parents ... something like that would make the national news nowadays!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Too many sheep around there matey. Several dogs have shot by irritable farmers fed of their sheep being savaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Remember the GAT air pistols?

.... I took one to school once, to sell to this kid, it was the all chrome model. The kid who was buying it was in one of the lower remedial classes and rather stupidly, I gave him some pellets to go with it - during the lunch time he had already fired it at someone and of course I was summoned to the head-teacher's office and given a letter to take home to my parents ... something like that would make the national news nowadays!
    We used to put ears of corn in our Gat guns and fire em at our mates back while they were running away, they used to stick into the skin as well. Ah, those were the days.