+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Wild' camping.

Re: 'Wild' camping.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Yup 'when I were a lad' I we'd nip around here there and everywhere with airguns, nobody batted an eyelid.

Nowadays I think there would be an armed response unit and Hastings Arnott & Fleming in minutes.
    Haha I remember everyone seemed to have an air gun over llanrumney, lots of them with custom springs, so they weren't far off the power of a real riffle. Bloody dangerous things. I remember there used to be a few air riffle shops in town, they would sell them to anyone, including Rambo knives, bow and arrows, sling shots and loads of other dangerous objects. You'd struggle to buy a pen knife these days

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Haha I remember everyone seemed to have an air gun over llanrumney, lots of them with custom springs, so they weren't far off the power of a real riffle. Bloody dangerous things. I remember there used to be a few air riffle shops in town, they would sell them to anyone, including Rambo knives, bow and arrows, sling shots and loads of other dangerous objects. You'd struggle to buy a pen knife these days
    No you can still buy air guns, slingshots, bow and arrows and survival knives etc very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    If you want to go wild visit this commune,i stayed for two weeks with these wonderful people.
    http://www.diggersanddreamers.org.uk...ng/tipi-valley
    Surprised the ol' hippy convoy lot have opened up Tipi Valley to 'straights'. Back in the day, when I knew a few of this lot, through the Free Festival Scene as was in the 80s, they'd turn their noses up at us house dwellers wanting to be "weekend hippies".

Good to see it's still surviving though.

I'm going here tonight - http://glynymulfarm.co.uk

I'll let you know how it is.

I thought that this thread was about Julian Clary.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I'm going here tonight - http://glynymulfarm.co.uk

I'll let you know how it is.
    Looks good that

I've been to the site at grid coordinates SO 0064 2444. Very basic (no toilet: has, or had last year, a locked-up portaloo to tantalise!) but beautiful. The site is in immediate reach of the central Beacons, and a 20-30 or so minute walk to the Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Looks good that
    If you want basic and left to your own devices it's perfect. Toilets are about a 5 minute walk away from the forestry, so easier to go in the woods. There is a basic shower, wash room, kitchen etc. but don't really need any of it. River runs directly through the woodland so you can collect your water there and boil it, or there is a water filter available if you need it.

Campfires are allowed and you can pitch wherever you want. It's £7.50 p/p per night which is a bargain really. Don't know if you can fish there but if you send a message to them, I'm sure they'd let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    If you want basic and left to your own devices it's perfect. Toilets are about a 5 minute walk away from the forestry, so easier to go in the woods. There is a basic shower, wash room, kitchen etc. but don't really need any of it. River runs directly through the woodland so you can collect your water there and boil it, or there is a water filter available if you need it.

Campfires are allowed and you can pitch wherever you want. It's £7.50 p/p per night which is a bargain really. Don't know if you can fish there but if you send a message to them, I'm sure they'd let you know.
    Sounds ideal, think I'll give it a try. Thanks mate.