Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
Henry was with Messi years ago when he had more drive. For me Messi at times last couple of seasons has just switched off.

I don't know whether he sometimes finds it too easy, or he's not a huge fan of Enrique, but in recent times he doesn't always put in 100% like he did for the Classico last week.

Ronaldo rinses every ounce of out of himself wether he's playing Bayern Munich or he's 6-0 up against Sporting Gijon.

I agree about his ego sometimes getting in the way of the team but then he gets another hat trick in the SF after the one in the QF and it's difficult to question that then.
I don't get the impression that Messi is a huge fan of Enrique and his signings this year have been dreadful. I watch every Madrid game (cos of my son) and i watch every Barca game and Messi has carried Barcelona almost single handedly this season.

The midfield have been dreadful and the defence non-existent. To be fair Ronaldo has been in a similar situation in years gone by, but now Real Madrid have a superb squad where their second team is almost as good as their first!
Whereas Barcelona need a huge rebuild this summer. I'd try to sign Koke if i were Barcelona. He's a cracking player.
Letting go of Thiago, Fabregas and Alves was scandalous and someone should pay for that.
The biggest disappoinment for me was that Laporta didn't get elected as president in the last election. He had his vision rooted in La Masia rather than galacticos.