Quote Originally Posted by blueslippers View Post
Cynical Tory campaign based on xenophobia, jingoism and backed by our rabid, right wing press and the masses.
Hapless Labour Campaign from a completely divided party.
We are heading for a one party state stuck on this Island of Little Englanders like Turkeys voting for the Christmas of deregulation, zero hours contracts etc under the guise of 'The brave new post brexit' world.

I am personally completely depressed by the current state of UK politics and will yet again vote Plaid Cymru in the vain hope that Wales will wake up and follow the lead of our Cousin's up North who may be pissing the Establishment off, but are at least getting their voices heard by voting for a viable and organised alternative.

Look at France where you have the discredited establishment vs the Far Right....how depressing a choice is that????
Watching Wales Today reporting on a potential Tory sweep across Wales gaining the votes of UKIP voters, I give up and understand those who say we deserve all we get when we end up living in May's Kingdom of w'England!
I don't recognise your description of this country , and lets be fair to the electorate they can make decisions as they did with Brexit ,many firms don't operate zero hours contracts , many people prefer them, the Tories didn't impose this employment, they have existed for decades, so why are they suddenly a hot topic, is that a left leaning current moan ? ?

If folk in Wales don't want to be be part of the Tory landslide ,a tick in a box for someone else is available .

Blair showed Labour the way ,okay we don't have to follow his mantra, just his example , he knew how to appeal to the middle ground , the middle ground sits in every country not just England, they have average simple wage jobs, couple of kids , a mortgage , and it all needs protection , hence the mindset of the ( alleged ) appeal of a safe pair of hands in May .

A party needs to step up and be different but financially sensible,folk have very deep memories of monetary problems which effects that middle ground badly, a party needs to be different from your previous parties politics , just look at the success and appeal of the SNP .

A party has to avoid fringe controversies , moan , and blame politics ,and it policies has to add up, and be seen as strong, and that's why we are, where we are .

No I'm not a Tory , just a a very troubled ,sad , life long Labour voter.