Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
The FT are saying the ultimate source was the EU following a request to increase the amount, particularly from France & Germany who have probably realised that they are going to stump up a lot more cash when we leave noting that the majority of EU members get more cash back than they actually put in. Also I have not seen any denial from the EU about the 100bn euro sum despite having ample opportunity to do so.

Personally I do not want it to be an us & them, I voted remain & have not changed my mind although admittedly some of the methods being employed by Juncker & co have made me question my decision. That said stupid comments by Boris & Farage have not helped the situation either. I remain firmly of the opinion that give & take is required from both sides to obtain the best possible outcome. If either side resorts to bully boy tactics then the talks are doomed to fail in my view. I hope that what we are seeing at present is initial posturing & when talks begin in earnest a far more professional & respectful stance will be taken by both parties.
I would imagine that's because it's such a massively complex matter that it's impossible to put a figure on it. So why would they even comment?

"No, it'll be less" "No, it'll be more"

There is no benefit to anyone by saying either of these.

Also, from what I've seen and heard so far from our government and politicians - the bland soundbites like 'brexit means brexit' and 'red white and blue brexit', and the shaky ground when they've tried to get more complex, be it ex-pats/migrants or trade - that I can quite believe Juncker is speaking the truth when he says that May and her government are deluded and don't really understand the scale of what they're getting in to. It doesn't seem like posturing or bullyboy, it seems a pretty accurate description.