+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This Tory campaign

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This Tory campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    There are lot's of examples, here are a few:

A 'divorce bill' which is increasing by the day & now stands at 100 Billion Euros
    A refusal to acknowledge that we are entitled to a share of EU assets, despite the UK being one of the main financial contributors for many years.
    Refusing parallel exit talks via insisting that trade talks will not occur until a financial statement has been done & dusted. It has been suggested though that the EU are keen to talk about security & anti-terrorism co-operation at the earliest possible opportunity as they rely so much on our intelligence services.
    Despite the UK wanting to agree an early deal about the rights of EU citizens in the UK & UK citizens in the EU, this has been scuppered by the EU insisting we have to accept the jurisdiction of the European Court for EU citizens so effectively our UK laws can be overruled by a foreign court in respect of a significant part of our population.
    Wanting to block our Prime Minister from being part of the negotiations despite other leaders (e.g. Merkel) clearly dictating terms.
    Martin Selmayr (Juncker's right hand man) this week saying openly that 'Brexit will not become a success'

There is a good article here about how the EU operate in 'negotiations' & oddly enough one of the things he predicted happened 2 days ago:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2017/04/29/eu-bully/
    I am almost certain no one from the eu has publicly set an amount that we will have to pay. That 100 billion was calculated by the financial times.

I can see why you want it to be an us and them, it makes it simpler but the reality is we have a load of people sitting around a table deciding our futures who are all financially secure and therefore have little stake in the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I am almost certain no one from the eu has publicly set an amount that we will have to pay. That 100 billion was calculated by the financial times.

I can see why you want it to be an us and them, it makes it simpler but the reality is we have a load of people sitting around a table deciding our futures who are all financially secure and therefore have little stake in the outcome.

The FT are saying the ultimate source was the EU following a request to increase the amount, particularly from France & Germany who have probably realised that they are going to stump up a lot more cash when we leave noting that the majority of EU members get more cash back than they actually put in. Also I have not seen any denial from the EU about the 100bn euro sum despite having ample opportunity to do so.

Personally I do not want it to be an us & them, I voted remain & have not changed my mind although admittedly some of the methods being employed by Juncker & co have made me question my decision. That said stupid comments by Boris & Farage have not helped the situation either. I remain firmly of the opinion that give & take is required from both sides to obtain the best possible outcome. If either side resorts to bully boy tactics then the talks are doomed to fail in my view. I hope that what we are seeing at present is initial posturing & when talks begin in earnest a far more professional & respectful stance will be taken by both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    The FT are saying the ultimate source was the EU following a request to increase the amount, particularly from France & Germany who have probably realised that they are going to stump up a lot more cash when we leave noting that the majority of EU members get more cash back than they actually put in. Also I have not seen any denial from the EU about the 100bn euro sum despite having ample opportunity to do so.

Personally I do not want it to be an us & them, I voted remain & have not changed my mind although admittedly some of the methods being employed by Juncker & co have made me question my decision. That said stupid comments by Boris & Farage have not helped the situation either. I remain firmly of the opinion that give & take is required from both sides to obtain the best possible outcome. If either side resorts to bully boy tactics then the talks are doomed to fail in my view. I hope that what we are seeing at present is initial posturing & when talks begin in earnest a far more professional & respectful stance will be taken by both parties.
    I would imagine that's because it's such a massively complex matter that it's impossible to put a figure on it. So why would they even comment?

"No, it'll be less" "No, it'll be more"

There is no benefit to anyone by saying either of these.

Also, from what I've seen and heard so far from our government and politicians - the bland soundbites like 'brexit means brexit' and 'red white and blue brexit', and the shaky ground when they've tried to get more complex, be it ex-pats/migrants or trade - that I can quite believe Juncker is speaking the truth when he says that May and her government are deluded and don't really understand the scale of what they're getting in to. It doesn't seem like posturing or bullyboy, it seems a pretty accurate description.