Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
I am very wary of what the rabid right wing press allege what Juncker has said.He is perceived to be even more appalling than Corbyn. It will be very much part and parcel of Brexit negotiations.The heroic Mrs May up against the wicked Juncker and co.Its been grandstanding by May.....playing the patriotic card which she knows will firm up her support.

Yes we are a hugh importer of EU products and no deal with negatively impact upon the export markets of EU members particularly German car manufacturers but the stakes are very high for the EU and they can ill afford to be generous in any deal.
This was not just right wing propaganda, this was about Juncker & his mates leaking information which they had no right to divulge & trying to belittle May in the process. I do think that their actions this week though have been more about trying to influence the French election rather than ours - if Le Pen wins this could spell the end for the EU so being seen to take a hard line against the UK could be a way of trying to persuade the French voters that a vote for Macron is a far better course of action.

The stakes are high all round although I do think that an acceptable compromise can be reached on the majority of key issues as long as there is give & take on both sides.