+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 88

Thread: This Tory campaign

  1. #41

    Re: This Tory campaign

    The Tory dumbing down continues with prospective candidates told to refer to themselves as Theresa May's local candidate. No mention that they are Tories.

  2. #42

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The Tory dumbing down continues with prospective candidates told to refer to themselves as Theresa May's local candidate. No mention that they are Tories.
    I havent seen the stuff re being called Theresa May's local candidate - but I have seen Plaid Cymru rebrand themselves as Cardiff Plaid for the local election and I have seen lots of boards up saying "Welsh Labour" as if they are some how different than Corbyn's Labour , mind you - I think the 'Welsh Conservatives' called themselves that for the same reasons - so I wouldnt let it worry you

  3. #43

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I havent seen the stuff re being called Theresa May's local candidate - but I have seen Plaid Cymru rebrand themselves as Cardiff Plaid for the local election and I have seen lots of boards up saying "Welsh Labour" as if they are some how different than Corbyn's Labour , mind you - I think the 'Welsh Conservatives' called themselves that for the same reasons - so I wouldnt let it worry you
    This goes a stage further. It would appear the Theresa May party will be in office after the General Election. She does like control and seems to pathologically hate any opposition at all.
    From now on I am going to have to say "Bloody Theresa Mays".

  4. #44

    Re: This Tory campaign

    https://www.joe.co.uk/news/comment-t...-for-it-123879

    This sums up the campaign quite well

  5. #45

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I think it is incredibly rich you saying that when you appear to have taken a such polarised view yourself, noting that your stance appears to be very much anti-May, so have you gobbled up all that the EU have been saying or are you just letting your political leanings cloud your judgement here? For your information I have gobbled up nothing, I am just trying to put a balanced view across which some may disagree with but that's life. As I said I voted remain but that doesn't mean that I blindly support everything that the EU has done & this weeks unfortunate exchanges are a good example of how some of the less scrupulous members of the EU operate.
    Not into gobbling, just very sceptical from the beginning that this government has any clue what they are doing with Brexit. May has spent the last few months telling everyone that we need to be discrete and professional and then after one meeting she hauls the press to Downing Street so they can watch her throw her toys out of the pram.

    I haven't supported anything the EU does/doesn't do or has said. I wan't our Prime Minister to look as though she isn't losing her shit because what her and the rest of the government do over Brexit is actually quite important.

  6. #46

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    https://www.joe.co.uk/news/comment-t...-for-it-123879

    This sums up the campaign quite well
    Yes it does. The 2 up with ten to go analogy is spot on. A PM unwilling to connect with the electorate in any way at all. Its pitiful.

  7. #47

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes it does. The 2 up with ten to go analogy is spot on. A PM unwilling to connect with the electorate in any way at all. Its pitiful.
    Face facts boys and admit it - you have a passionate hatred for anyone who is a conservative or anyone who has voted conservative. You hated Thatcher, you hated Major, you despised Cameron and Osbourne, and now you turn all your bile against May. In reality though it wouldn't matter who was elected Tory Leader you would hate them to.

    Mother fecking Theresa could have a blue rosette on and you would no doubt act the same way. No problem though lads - this is only a Cardiff City Message Board afterall

  8. #48

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Not into gobbling, just very sceptical from the beginning that this government has any clue what they are doing with Brexit. May has spent the last few months telling everyone that we need to be discrete and professional and then after one meeting she hauls the press to Downing Street so they can watch her throw her toys out of the pram.

    I haven't supported anything the EU does/doesn't do or has said. I wan't our Prime Minister to look as though she isn't losing her shit because what her and the rest of the government do over Brexit is actually quite important.
    Easy there Princess you'll give yerself a coronary.

  9. #49

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Face facts boys and admit it - you have a passionate hatred for anyone who is a conservative or anyone who has voted conservative. You hated Thatcher, you hated Major, you despised Cameron and Osbourne, and now you turn all your bile against May. In reality though it wouldn't matter who was elected Tory Leader you would hate them to.

    Mother fecking Theresa could have a blue rosette on and you would no doubt act the same way. No problem though lads - this is only a Cardiff City Message Board afterall
    Wow. Hang on sunshine. My best mates voted Tory and UKIP. We have fierce arguments but I do not chose friends based on their politics. At a guess I have more friends who vote Tory than any other party. You do not know me so don't make such generalised comments about someone who is a total stranger to you.
    As for Tory politicians there are some decent ones out there. Ken Clark,Anna Soubry and even David Davis are people I have respect for. May is awful.

  10. #50

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Wow. Hang on sunshine. My best mates voted Tory and UKIP. We have fierce arguments but I do not chose friends based on their politics. At a guess I have more friends who vote Tory than any other party. You do not know me so don't make such generalised comments about someone who is a total stranger to you.
    As for Tory politicians there are some decent ones out there. Ken Clark,Anna Soubry and even David Davis are people I have respect for. May is awful.
    Anna Soubry says it all
    Green Bay Wisconsin Title town USA

  11. #51

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Anna Soubry says it all
    Well she spoke more accurately for the 48% of us that voted Remain than any other politician. I suspect you voted out and would see her differently

  12. #52

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Wow. Hang on sunshine. My best mates voted Tory and UKIP. We have fierce arguments but I do not chose friends based on their politics. At a guess I have more friends who vote Tory than any other party. You do not know me so don't make such generalised comments about someone who is a total stranger to you.
    As for Tory politicians there are some decent ones out there. Ken Clark,Anna Soubry and even David Davis are people I have respect for. May is awful.

    Theresa May - the longest ever serving Home Secretary (without getting sacked) , so awful she isn't. You may hate because of her politics, because she is a woman, because she has grey hair, no children or even because she is diabetic. But to say she is awful at her job is pushing it some. But each to their own I guess.

  13. #53

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Theresa May - the longest ever serving Home Secretary (without getting sacked) , so awful she isn't. You may hate because of her politics, because she is a woman, because she has grey hair, no children or even because she is diabetic. But to say she is awful at her job is pushing it some. But each to their own I guess.
    I thought she was ok as Home Secretary as it happens and was brave when she stood in front of the Police Federation making clear there would be cuts. As PM she has been dire relying on meaningless soundbites,wanting to bring back grammar schools and hiding during the EU campaign and now during the election campaign. If that impresses you fill yer boots.

  14. #54

    Re: This Tory campaign

    It fills my boots much more than Corbyn, or a boot each of Farron, Corbyn and the SNP thats for sure.
    Who else would you have preferred as Tory Leader ?

  15. #55

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    It fills my boots much more than Corbyn, or a boot each of Farron, Corbyn and the SNP thats for sure.
    Who else would you have preferred as Tory Leader ?
    As with Labour the Tories are really short of talent. A younger Ken Clark would be fine but he was never going to be Tory leader because of his pro European views.Of the current crop I am struggling. Davis has some authority but lost out to Cameron in 2005. Beyond them Hammond is just about passable. I have no time for the right wing Brexiteers.
    If Clark had become leader I may even have thought the unthinkable and voted Tory. He did a damn good job as Chancellor and didn't get the credit for it.

  16. #56

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Easy there Princess you'll give yerself a coronary.
    eh?

  17. #57

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    It fills my boots much more than Corbyn, or a boot each of Farron, Corbyn and the SNP thats for sure.
    Who else would you have preferred as Tory Leader ?
    How many feet do you have?

  18. #58

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    How many feet do you have?
    A third leg?

  19. #59

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Face facts boys and admit it - you have a passionate hatred for anyone who is a conservative or anyone who has voted conservative. You hated Thatcher, you hated Major, you despised Cameron and Osbourne, and now you turn all your bile against May. In reality though it wouldn't matter who was elected Tory Leader you would hate them to.

    Mother fecking Theresa could have a blue rosette on and you would no doubt act the same way. No problem though lads - this is only a Cardiff City Message Board afterall
    I didn't mind Major. I'd prefer him Clarke and hesletine then may Davies, Gove and thatbfat blomde prick who doesn't deserve anything more then an insulting name.

  20. #60

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    As with Labour the Tories are really short of talent. A younger Ken Clark would be fine but he was never going to be Tory leader because of his pro European views.Of the current crop I am struggling. Davis has some authority but lost out to Cameron in 2005. Beyond them Hammond is just about passable. I have no time for the right wing Brexiteers.
    If Clark had become leader I may even have thought the unthinkable and voted Tory. He did a damn good job as Chancellor and didn't get the credit for it.
    You'd want a young Ken Clark to be leader of the conservatives and in charge of Brexit talks - that's a good one that

  21. #61

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    How many feet do you have?
    "It fills my boots much more than Corbyn, or a boot each of Farron, Corbyn and the SNP thats for sure.
    Who else would you have preferred as Tory Leader ?"

    Eric - I have two feet , I have lots of boots though (about 6 pairs) - or in Erics world are we only allowed 2 boots ? . You're having a Weston Super here

  22. #62

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Don't forget now, not Feedback's not a tory.

    Going to the original point of this thread - the tory policy this week appears to be to bleat on about those Johnny Foreigner types who are not playing by the rules in the lead up to the Brexit negotiations, don't they know our strong, stable leader has promised everyone a red, white and blue Brexit?

  23. #63

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    "It fills my boots much more than Corbyn, or a boot each of Farron, Corbyn and the SNP thats for sure.
    Who else would you have preferred as Tory Leader ?"

    Eric - I have two feet , I have lots of boots though (about 6 pairs) - or in Erics world are we only allowed 2 boots ? . You're having a Weston Super here
    Feck me if you think that is a Weston maybe you aren't Seedy and haven't been around long.

  24. #64

    Re: This Tory campaign

    [QUOTE=ninianclark;4739062]You'd want a young Ken Clark to be leader of the conservatives and in charge of Brexit talks - that

    Well done. Er yes I would because he wouldn't be pandering to the lowest denominator unlike May. I suspect his approach would bring about a more cordial approach in negotiations but thats lost on you.

  25. #65

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't forget now, not Feedback's not a tory.

    Going to the original point of this thread - the tory policy this week appears to be to bleat on about those Johnny Foreigner types who are not playing by the rules in the lead up to the Brexit negotiations, don't they know our strong, stable leader has promised everyone a red, white and blue Brexit?

    😁

  26. #66

    Re: This Tory campaign

    So far on this Tory campaign we have had slogans, we have had May refusing to speak to any potential neutral or opposition voter and May attacking our EU neighbors before she (likely result) goes to negotiate with them.

    Sorry, I forgot that they also re-issued an Ed Milliband proposed policy. A policy which was heavily criticised when he suggested it but now seems quite alright really.

  27. #67

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Indeed it is jingoistic nonsense and the good old British electorate will lap it up. The sad part is that it is so easy for May to wheel out this rhetoric but the bigger picture is that it diminshes the prospects of a deal with the EU.
    There will be a day of reckoning for May. It will not happen for a few years but when it does happen she will be shown up for the weak politician that she really is
    Not that I disagree with your opinion but why is it jingoistic nonsense. May is just playing to her crowd - a crowd she knows are going to be heavily influenced by brexit one way or another

  28. #68

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Spot on, and we next have the German elections in September, that's why Merkel is in Russia as we speak, trying to look strong on the world's stage , your right about France and with Germany going to the polls European leaders are looking over their shoulders with worry , they cannot be seen to be handing or being weak on any deal with the UK ,mhence all this recent rhetoric ,May is not divulging the content of her meetings , Juncker & his mates are , which is not the right etiquette, it shows how worried they are , as its timing is apt as France heads to the polls on the 7th .

    May will be tested over the next few years , think a strong approach is needed , folk talk about May's behaviour to them , I think theirs has been equally poor and bullish.
    Whilst some are looking at the FN in France the rise of AFD and die linke in Germany, with the perceived split of the CDU and CSU may cause untold issues for the EU in the forthcoming German elections

  29. #69

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes lovely man this quote somes it up " The worst damage Europe's socialists will inflict when they endorse a man who has done as much harm as any politician his generation is easy to describe. They will prove the extremists right."

    "" What heavy industry the duchy had was vanishing by the early 1990s. During Juncker's reign as Luxembourg's prime minister from 1995 to 2013, the duchy reinvented itself as Europe's largest tax haven: a land fit for Bernie Madoff to trade through. It allowed conglomerates to avoid tax through intermediate holding companies solely.""
    Tech companies can be based anywhere. Adopting such a strategy has ensured capital flows into the eu whether corporate profits are taxed or not.

  30. #70

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Not that I disagree with your opinion but why is it jingoistic nonsense. May is just playing to her crowd - a crowd she knows are going to be heavily influenced by brexit one way or another
    Its playing on overt patriotism.We are now being told that anyone who goes against the Government line on Brexit is unpatriotic.Rees Mogg constantly plays to this tune. We live in a democracy but Chairman May doesn't do opposition.

  31. #71

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Its playing on overt patriotism.We are now being told that anyone who goes against the Government line on Brexit is unpatriotic.Rees Mogg constantly plays to this tune. We live in a democracy but Chairman May doesn't do opposition.
    That's because there is no opposition

  32. #72

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    That's because there is no opposition
    Oh but there is but they are not being heard. Tha will change but it will happen under a different leader.

  33. #73

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Oh but there is but they are not being heard. Tha will change but it will happen under a different leader.
    Never mind, Labour are closing the gap on the tories after today.
    Last edited by Nick; 05-05-17 at 19:29.

  34. #74

    Re: This Tory campaign

    So now she wants to bring back fox hunting. So with grammar schools back on the agenda what next? The return of the death penalty?

  35. #75

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    So now she wants to bring back fox hunting. So with grammar schools back on the agenda what next? The return of the death penalty?
    War in Europe?

  36. #76

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    War in Europe?
    Yep Spain first.

  37. #77

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    So now she wants to bring back fox hunting. So with grammar schools back on the agenda what next? The return of the death penalty?
    Murdock to get full control of Sky? Rebekah Brooks back in her old job? Child abuse enquiry to be shut down for good?

  38. #78

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Murdock to get full control of Sky? Rebekah Brooks back in her old job? Child abuse enquiry to be shut down for good?
    Yep.

  39. #79

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep.
    If at first you don't succeed .. wait a couple of years and the public will have forgotten everything.

  40. #80
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    27,970
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: This Tory campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If at first you don't succeed .. wait a couple of years and the public will have forgotten everything.
    Sad but true.
    "One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution, one makes a revolution in order to establish a dictatorship." -- George Orwell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •