Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
I think you're over simplifying it. There could be various outcomes from a team going down to 10 men. What if the team were desperately chasing an equaliser or winning goal for example.
I think the point is to use it to see if it's more effective than yellow cards for preventing behaviour that most fans hate, like diving, shirt pulling, mouthing off to the officials etc. If the trial proves success then great, if it's not then obviously the idea can be scrapped.
I like football as it is. I'd rather see 11v11. Yeah, if there's a red card then so be it. As for decent, driving, play acting ECT, I can't see how sin bins will make any difference. In fact it might make it worse. Players might think, " well if I try it on, I might get a free kick or penality, but if it don't work, I'll just get 10 minutes rest" if they wanna stop that sorta thing, then they need an indipendent panel that looks at incidents after the game. And dish out bans when appreciate. If a player is looking at a game or 2 ban, for throwing himself to the floor, or screening in the face of a ref, then mangers will start to act and tell thier players to cut it out