Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
So true mate. All this talk about bringing in video refs and sin bins, is stupid. The best part about football is fans arguing over ref decisions. It would be suicidal to take that away. Look at rugby, and even with video refs it still takes them a good 5 minutes to decide on decisions, and when someone gets sin binned, the team who's a player down goes into Thier shell and looks to ride out the 10minutes. It would be ten times worse with football. Like you said, if it ain't broke then don't fix it
Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
I think you're over simplifying it. There could be various outcomes from a team going down to 10 men. What if the team were desperately chasing an equaliser or winning goal for example.
I think the point is to use it to see if it's more effective than yellow cards for preventing behaviour that most fans hate, like diving, shirt pulling, mouthing off to the officials etc. If the trial proves success then great, if it's not then obviously the idea can be scrapped.
True, I think a ref will be more willing to dish out a sin bin than a second yellow card. Should hopefully put a stop to the play acting and cheating.