+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: F.A to trial sin bins next season in lower leagues.

F.A to trial sin bins next season in lower leagues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39790484

10 mins off the field for dissent.

Re: F.A to trial sin bins next season in lower leagues.

I wish they would leave this alone. all you will get Is one team going into their shell for 10 minutes and lots of time wasting untill the 10 minutes is up. Fans want to see 11v11. Just hand out bans for decent and stuff like that. It will soon stop

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    I wish they would leave this alone. all you will get Is one team going into their shell for 10 minutes and lots of time wasting untill the 10 minutes is up. Fans want to see 11v11. Just hand out bans for decent and stuff like that. It will soon stop
    Surely this is the idea of a trial, to see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Surely this is the idea of a trial, to see if it works.
    I'd like to see bigger goals. Nothing has been changed on the goal front since 1875 when they introduced a cross bar and net. With today's advances in athleticism of the goalkeeper, 1 to 3 inch either side and up should just about do it. A goalkeeper should not be filling the goal, he should feel like a 7 years old down pontcanna!

it isnt a bad idea, as a Yellow card doesnt seem to be combating the problem, we still see a group of players attempting to ref the game

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39790484

10 mins off the field for dissent.
    They seem intent on turning Association Football into Rugby Union!

Rugger is probably the most boring game to watch period!

If its not broken leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by protex blue View Post
    They seem intent on turning Association Football into Rugby Union!

Rugger is probably the most boring game to watch period!

If its not broken leave it alone.
    So true mate. All this talk about bringing in video refs and sin bins, is stupid. The best part about football is fans arguing over ref decisions. It would be suicidal to take that away. Look at rugby, and even with video refs it still takes them a good 5 minutes to decide on decisions, and when someone gets sin binned, the team who's a player down goes into Thier shell and looks to ride out the 10minutes. It would be ten times worse with football. Like you said, if it ain't broke then don't fix it

So true mate. All this talk about bringing in video refs and sin bins, is stupid. The best part about football is fans arguing over ref decisions. It would be suicidal to take that away. Look at rugby, and even with video refs it still takes them a good 5 minutes to decide on decisions, and when someone gets sin binned, the team who's a player down goes into Thier shell and looks to ride out the 10minutes. It would be ten times worse with football. Like you said, if it ain't broke then don't fix it
    I think you're over simplifying it. There could be various outcomes from a team going down to 10 men. What if the team were desperately chasing an equaliser or winning goal for example.
    I think the point is to use it to see if it's more effective than yellow cards for preventing behaviour that most fans hate, like diving, shirt pulling, mouthing off to the officials etc. If the trial proves success then great, if it's not then obviously the idea can be scrapped.

I think you're over simplifying it. There could be various outcomes from a team going down to 10 men. What if the team were desperately chasing an equaliser or winning goal for example.
    I think the point is to use it to see if it's more effective than yellow cards for preventing behaviour that most fans hate, like diving, shirt pulling, mouthing off to the officials etc. If the trial proves success then great, if it's not then obviously the idea can be scrapped.
    True, I think a ref will be more willing to dish out a sin bin than a second yellow card. Should hopefully put a stop to the play acting and cheating.

I like football as it is. I'd rather see 11v11. Yeah, if there's a red card then so be it. As for decent, driving, play acting ECT, I can't see how sin bins will make any difference. In fact it might make it worse. Players might think, " well if I try it on, I might get a free kick or penality, but if it don't work, I'll just get 10 minutes rest" if they wanna stop that sorta thing, then they need an indipendent panel that looks at incidents after the game. And dish out bans when appreciate. If a player is looking at a game or 2 ban, for throwing himself to the floor, or screening in the face of a ref, then mangers will start to act and tell thier players to cut it out

And as for me simplyfying it. Well that's the great thing about football, it's a simple game everyone can understand, even women lol. You start throwing in all these sin bins video refs and other kinds of crap. It becomes complicated then 😁