+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock not happy. Again.

Warnock not happy. Again.

Feck me this guy is harder to please than Vince Alm.

BBC

May 2017

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock is unhappy with the way in which top scorer Kenneth Zohore's new contract was handled by the club.

Zohore's three-year extension was announced shortly before Friday night's 2-0 defeat against Newcastle.

The 23-year-old had been at Cardiff City Stadium hours earlier than team-mates in order to put pen to paper.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He's been at the ground since half past four so no wonder he's knackered," said Warnock.

The Bluebirds boss added: "I'm disappointed about that.

"He shouldn't have been in until half six, and the game should have come first really.

"It was something I wasn't aware of and it won't happen again."

Sorry but if a 23 year old is "knackered" because he was at the ground to sign some papers a couple of hours early then maybe he shouldn't have been offered a new contract.
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 03-05-17 at 16:40.

Re: Warnock not happy. Again.

Tell Warnock that Lincoln took 4200 fans on a 300 mile round trip to Braintree! That should cheer him up

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Tell Warnock that Lincoln took 4200 fans on a 300 mile round trip to Braintree! That should cheer him up

I doubt it. When things are not going his Warnock is more miserable than that tit Bakedelasker.

Professional Football players are so far detached from the the real world these days, I just giggle at story's like this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Professional Football players are so far detached from the the real world these days, I just giggle at story's like this lol
    Warnock is 68 and comes from an era that he would be mocking someone coming out with that shit if it wasn't he himself who had come out with it!!!!

I could just imagine him on Goals On Sunday taking the piss with Kammy if for example Wenger come out saying something like that about Ozil.

"Knackered? Players today they don't know they're born Kammy. Can you imagine Jim Smith coming out with that. Not on your nelly"

He's a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    They were in the ground 3 hours before kickoff, they must have been knackered

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They were in the ground 3 hours before kickoff, they must have been knackered

He must have used one of Stevie R's giant pens to sign the contract, that's what knackered him.

He's a god , he's shows himself on the side of the player,buys a friend, and player loyalty, it s the same as his comment about his favorite player comment, which I though was a nice touch.

At least we have a manager with passion, he's more than your typical 68 year old , he shows more effort that some of our ex feckless tired players who were 40 plus years younger.
    Last edited by life on mars; 03-05-17 at 17:41.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Feck me this guy is harder to please than Vince Alm.

BBC

May 2017

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock is unhappy with the way in which top scorer Kenneth Zohore's new contract was handled by the club.

Zohore's three-year extension was announced shortly before Friday night's 2-0 defeat against Newcastle.

The 23-year-old had been at Cardiff City Stadium hours earlier than team-mates in order to put pen to paper.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He's been at the ground since half past four so no wonder he's knackered," said Warnock.

The Bluebirds boss added: "I'm disappointed about that.

"He shouldn't have been in until half six, and the game should have come first really.

"It was something I wasn't aware of and it won't happen again."

Sorry but if a 23 year old is "knackered" because he was at the ground to sign some papers a couple of hours early then maybe he shouldn't have been offered a new contract.
    I think you (and some others who have replied) are missing the point.

I completely agree with Warnock's view on this despite him using the word 'knackered'.

Players need to focus entirely on what their priority for that day is ... a football match.

If the normal schedule for and evening KO is to be at the ground by 6:30pm then so be it.

I suspect many on this board will have been interviewed or negotiated a renewed contract of some sort. To be fair the whole experience of negotiating your future career can be stressful and not conducive to the best mental preparation for a professional football match played in front of potentially 20000+ fans against strong opposition.

KZ should have had nothing on his mind apart from preparing for the last home game of the season.

If NW was not consulted about the timing of contract negotiations then that is quite worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He must have used one of Stevie R's giant pens to sign the contract, that's what knackered him.
    Cmon Steve there's a gift there for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

I completely agree with Warnock's view on this despite him using the word 'knackered'.

Players need to focus entirely on what their priority for that day is ... a football match.

If the normal schedule for and evening KO is to be at the ground by 6:30pm then so be it.

I suspect many on this board will have been interviewed or negotiated a renewed contract of some sort. To be fair the whole experience of negotiating your future career can be stressful and not conducive to the best mental preparation for a professional football match played in front of potentially 20000+ fans against strong opposition.

KZ should have had nothing on his mind apart from preparing for the last home game of the season.

If NW was not consulted about the timing of contract negotiations then that is quite worrying.
    I suspect many, if not all of us, do not have an agent to negotiate our contracts for us.

I'd also suspect the new contract involved a bumper pay rise for the lad and he should be buzzing.

If you want to compare to the average working man then the use of the word "knackered" is just laughable considering we are talking 2 extra hours hanging around, probably in a nice cosy suite, maybe get a little pre game massage, compared to most who's job involves grafting for 8/10/12 hours a day.

It's just Neil Warnock looking for any old excuse he can after a defeat. From blaming the refs, to couldnt be bothered to get out of bed to now bemoaning a player being at the ground 3 hours before kick off.

I thought Slade was bad when it come to not taking the blame but this guy takes the piss.
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 03-05-17 at 19:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Cmon Steve there's a gift there for you!!
    Steve's in a pwdi.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's a god , he's shows himself on the side of the player,buys a friend, and player loyalty, it s the same as his comment about his favorite player comment, which I though was a nice touch.

At least we have a manager with passion, he's more than your typical 68 year old , he shows more effort that some of our ex feckless tired players who were 40 plus years younger.
    Yep buys a friend if he likes you. If he doesn't he'll hang you out to dry in public.

He's worse than Jones for his favourites and worse than Mourinho has been this season for hanging certain players out to dry.

The ones he don't like probably wouldn't agree to share their appearance money with him.
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 03-05-17 at 19:21.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Steve's in a pwdi.
    Had to google that!!

Remember seeing it now.

F**king troll

Poor Kenneth Zohore, he has to play a football match every week, and then the audacity of the club to ask him to a meeting a few hours before a game to offer him a newer, longer, probably much more lucrative contract.

I can't see how anyone can cope with all of that.

I would have though it would have taken away his nerves regarding the game, if he has any, and as a post above says, given him a boost prior to kick off.

A very long time ago I remember seeing Brian Clark catching a bus to a City game (in which he later played).

As for Warnock , not like him to moan is it? He's probably annoyed he only has one more game to piss off Peter Whittingham.

Why does Warnock feel the need to make it public anyway? If he's not happy with the decision speak to the club about it don't cry in the media.

Like I said he'll say anything to take the flak away from him after defeat.

Ken may have been clapping and cheering so much at his new contract that he became knackered?

Yep buys a friend if he likes you. If he doesn't he'll hang you out to dry in public.

He's worse than Jones for his favourites and worse than Mourinho has been this season for hanging certain players out to dry.

The ones he don't like probably wouldn't agree to share their appearance money with him.
    Just out of interest, who did you used to post as on here before this latest incarnation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Just out of interest, who did you used to post as on here before this latest incarnation?
    This isn't a latest incarnation I joined in March 2016. I had a 1 year ban end of April for being too opinionated for some snow flakes who liked to dish it out but couldn't take it back who coincidentally no longer post here.

Served my time and now I'm back to talk football and fly fishing.

Oh great another idiot using the term snowflake.

When did everyone become such a buzzword using moron?

This board becomes increasingly anti-Warnock every time I look in.

Absolutely.

Warnock is 68 and comes from an era that he would be mocking someone coming out with that shit if it wasn't he himself who had come out with it!!!!

I could just imagine him on Goals On Sunday taking the piss with Kammy if for example Wenger come out saying something like that about Ozil.

"Knackered? Players today they don't know they're born Kammy. Can you imagine Jim Smith coming out with that. Not on your nelly"

He's a hypocrite.
    So true

2107675-not_sure_if_serious_2.jpg