Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
I think you (and some others who have replied) are missing the point.

I completely agree with Warnock's view on this despite him using the word 'knackered'.

Players need to focus entirely on what their priority for that day is ... a football match.

If the normal schedule for and evening KO is to be at the ground by 6:30pm then so be it.

I suspect many on this board will have been interviewed or negotiated a renewed contract of some sort. To be fair the whole experience of negotiating your future career can be stressful and not conducive to the best mental preparation for a professional football match played in front of potentially 20000+ fans against strong opposition.

KZ should have had nothing on his mind apart from preparing for the last home game of the season.

If NW was not consulted about the timing of contract negotiations then that is quite worrying.
Best post on the thread. Some people are seriously naive about professional sports.

When Warnock said knackered he probably meant that Zahore hadn't slept at the right time in the afternoon to prepare for the evening match. It's not because he's a poor little petal who can't cope with running around a bit, it's because he needs to coincide his body peaking with the time of the match, which is exactly what the opposition will be doing.

If he was in two hours early then that probably means his body was starting to tire by the time the match started.