+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Players out of contract in the summer

Players out of contract in the summer

Don't blame me if the data is incorrect but the site is usually reasonably dependable

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/prem...wettbewerb/GB1 - Prem

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...wettbewerb/GB2 - Champ

A few notable players that may consider being here next season. Hennessy (who I didn't realise was that old), Ledley and Isgrove due to their Welsh ties but littered with players that would improve our team.

Re: Players out of contract in the summer

This will be our market for players in the summer. Can't see us spending over 1 mill on anyone.

Hennessy and Ledley would be musts for me. Rather spend money on their wages than a transfer fee for a lower paid player.

Ledley and Hennessey obvious names but I believe that they will both stay in the Premier League.

Interesting to see Lloyd Isgrove is out of contract, might be worth taking a punt on for a 12 month term.

Victor Anichebe hasn't got a fantastic goal scoring record, but could be like a Frazier Campbell who flourishes in the Championship with Zohore.

Would love to see Ledley back here, Isgrove is a decent shout as well

Even some good players in the championship list also above such as Charlie Taylor, Anita and Dale Stephens. All probably destined for the Prem with different teams to which they got promoted but worth a try. You don't ask you don't get.

Pablo Hernandez would be worth a punt.
    Spedger

Yaya sanogo or Steve Ireland might be decent shouts.

I would imagine wages would be problematic for either though

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Would love to see Ledley back here, Isgrove is a decent shout as well
    Not sure that anyone other than a club coming up may go for Ledley ,he may relish leading his club forward . Hennessy is not for me much better keepers out there , we have one on the books now on loan ,who is probably Villa bound

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yaya sanogo or Steve Ireland might be decent shouts.

I would imagine wages would be problematic for either though
    Ireland is good player worth the wage, thought he would have been the right type of signing when we went up .

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/oliv...spieler/107785

I think we need an attacking midfielder, this guy appears to be out of contract. Despite never having heard of him before 5 minutes ago I am convinced he would be a good signing and will mention it at every opportunity.

Grant Leadbitter for me (always thought it was LeadbEtter)

Fraizer Campbell would be my first choise out of those that we would have a realistic change of signing. think hennessy is too good to drop down to the championship, been great for Palace all year, surprised he hasn't signed a new contract.

Think Ledley would have been a possibility but it's obvious we aren't paying anyone high wages next year so most Prem players will be a probably a no go

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/oliv...spieler/107785

I think we need an attacking midfielder, this guy appears to be out of contract. Despite never having heard of him before 5 minutes ago I am convinced he would be a good signing and will mention it at every opportunity.
    Not Buff from Baden,pretty boy.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not Buff from Baden,pretty boy.
    We've been missing someone in the pretty boy role since we failed to replace Tommy Smith

We've been missing someone in the pretty boy role since we failed to replace Tommy Smith
    Good looking Tommy, never to be replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Ledley and Hennessey obvious names but I believe that they will both stay in the Premier League.

Interesting to see Lloyd Isgrove is out of contract, might be worth taking a punt on for a 12 month term.

Victor Anichebe hasn't got a fantastic goal scoring record, but could be like a Frazier Campbell who flourishes in the Championship with Zohore.
    Anichebe will stay with Moyes, I think. Half of the Barnsley side are out of contract, I wouldn't mind seeing Watkins or Scowen down here.

That website isn't 100% accurate, for example Kieran Lee has a contract until 2019 and is listed as being out of contract, I was right to be skeptical of Wednesday letting his contract wind down.

Good looking Tommy, never to be replaced
    That's the answer for next year, lets go pretty boy squad, its could be the what has been missing over the years " prettiness"

Blue in the Face

Can see why you're saying a short contract on Isgrove. He is very injury prone. I can see him going to a lower Champ side on a longer contract. Next move is going to be big for him.

Of the Welshies out of contract, I'd like Cardiff to look at Marley Watkins and Louis Thompson too if there is demand for a box to box type in our squad later in the transfer window. Though my guess is Norwich will try and keep him. He's a versatile player though and started off at right back.

We could have a look at these lot too...

Michael Crowe - Again squad dependant. But would be great to have our DVP keeper act as no.3
    Jordan Williams - Injury prone too. Versatile. Think he'll leave Liverpool.
    Tom Owen-Evans - Might be televised in Newports last game of the season.
    Ellis Harrison - We were scouting him a while back apparently. Good athlete. Raw but has potential.
    Maybe Joe Walsh too? Haven't seen him play this year though

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Can see why you're saying a short contract on Isgrove. He is very injury prone. I can see him going to a lower Champ side on a longer contract. Next move is going to be big for him.

Of the Welshies out of contract, I'd like Cardiff to look at Marley Watkins and Louis Thompson too if there is demand for a box to box type in our squad later in the transfer window. Though my guess is Norwich will try and keep him. He's a versatile player though and started off at right back.

We could have a look at these lot too...

Michael Crowe - Again squad dependant. But would be great to have our DVP keeper act as no.3
    Jordan Williams - Injury prone too. Versatile. Think he'll leave Liverpool.
    Tom Owen-Evans - Might be televised in Newports last game of the season.
    Ellis Harrison - We were scouting him a while back apparently. Good athlete. Raw but has potential.
    Maybe Joe Walsh too? Haven't seen him play this year though
    If we are talking Welsh players, getting Wilson, Woodburn or Roberts on loan would be great, but I don't think they would jump at the opportunity of working under Warnock.

Blue in the Face

If we are talking Welsh players, getting Wilson, Woodburn or Roberts on loan would be great, but I don't think they would jump at the opportunity of working under Warnock.
    Great shout. I don't think Loop likes loaning out his better prospects either, which I really respect.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Don't blame me if the data is incorrect but the site is usually reasonably dependable

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/prem...wettbewerb/GB1 - Prem

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...wettbewerb/GB2 - Champ

A few notable players that may consider being here next season. Hennessy (who I didn't realise was that old), Ledley and Isgrove due to their Welsh ties but littered with players that would improve our team.
    None are on Colin's list. FaCt.