+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phil the Greek standing down from public life

Phil the Greek standing down from public life

That's him off the wage bill. Things must be perilous financially in the Royal Household. There's rumours that Her Maj is going to send some of her corgis redundancy notices.

10.07am: Prince Philip will stand down from royal duties, it has been announced. http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...-palace-health

Re: Phil the Greek standing down from public life

Except it isn't him off the wage bill at all.

Some choice high rated comments from the daily mail dullards:

God bless him and thank you to all your years of service to the country

Thank you Sir for your service and dedication to our Commonwealth - ALL THE BEST

Well done for being a loyal servant to queen and Country

He served the country in his own unique way and brought many moments of levity and wit to the job. Well done Sir, enjoy your retirement.

Good on him. His service was phenomenal and he's a true role model for this country

We will not see his like again. Not faultless, but a real man who brought strength and humour to his difficult position.

Congratulations to him. At that age, no one can argue he doesn't deserve it. Enjoy.

I can not believe he waited this long. That couple is pretty amazing.

God bless him and for all his service to our great country! The Queen will miss her partner in crime dreadfully!

He'll find that retirement is very similar to his "working" life.

Unfortunately this will be the new retirement age for everyone in a few years time.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Unfortunately this will be the new retirement age for everyone in a few years time.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Some choice high rated comments from the daily mail dullards:

God bless him and thank you to all your years of service to the country

Thank you Sir for your service and dedication to our Commonwealth - ALL THE BEST

Well done for being a loyal servant to queen and Country

He served the country in his own unique way and brought many moments of levity and wit to the job. Well done Sir, enjoy your retirement.

Good on him. His service was phenomenal and he's a true role model for this country

We will not see his like again. Not faultless, but a real man who brought strength and humour to his difficult position.

Congratulations to him. At that age, no one can argue he doesn't deserve it. Enjoy.

I can not believe he waited this long. That couple is pretty amazing.

God bless him and for all his service to our great country! The Queen will miss her partner in crime dreadfully!
    Gawd bless you guvnor *tugs forelock*

Some dissenting voices at the Daily Mail comments section.

My sympathies that our beloved Prince is stepping down from drinking tea and champagne!

Now get rid of the rest of them.

Retire the Queen as well. And then up the Republic,. And as for the rest of them! Get a job like your cousin Zara.

Jesus, all these brown boxers on here. Sickening. He's been kept in the life of luxury, pampered to every whim he fancied (rumoured he fancied a few). It's not like he was a doctor or a nurse who work all hours and who have my greatest respect. To see the less of that goat, a most welcome announcement.

And he spent his adult life scrounging off the state just like all the other immigrants.

He was Never in the public life anyway. He was irrelevant.

Awww....poor peasants. The brainwashing all these years has made you unaware of reality ...get your pills , breathe and don't forget to get off your knees. He wouldn't spit at you if you were on fire ....poor plebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Some dissenting voices at the Daily Mail comments section.

My sympathies that our beloved Prince is stepping down from drinking tea and champagne!

Now get rid of the rest of them.

Retire the Queen as well. And then up the Republic,. And as for the rest of them! Get a job like your cousin Zara.

Jesus, all these brown boxers on here. Sickening. He's been kept in the life of luxury, pampered to every whim he fancied (rumoured he fancied a few). It's not like he was a doctor or a nurse who work all hours and who have my greatest respect. To see the less of that goat, a most welcome announcement.

And he spent his adult life scrounging off the state just like all the other immigrants.

He was Never in the public life anyway. He was irrelevant.

Awww....poor peasants. The brainwashing all these years has made you unaware of reality ...get your pills , breathe and don't forget to get off your knees. He wouldn't spit at you if you were on fire ....poor plebs.
    These comments best reflect my own feelings on the 'Royal' family. I'd like to see it trimmed right down to just William, Kate and Harry as their mother has obviously instilled a human gene into them. Which is presumably why they had her bumped off.

All the Royal buildings and land could then be sold off with the National Trust / CADW being preferred bidders and the whole amount shoved into the public purse to reverse some of the completely unnecessary 'austerity'. Or some could be used to close down all the tax haven loopholes / chase the multi Corp tax avoiders, so again it can go back into the public purse to fight 'austerity'.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    These comments best reflect my own feelings on the 'Royal' family. I'd like to see it trimmed right down to just William, Kate and Harry as their mother has obviously instilled a human gene into them. Which is presumably why they had her bumped off.

All the Royal buildings and land could then be sold off with the National Trust / CADW being preferred bidders and the whole amount shoved into the public purse to reverse some of the completely unnecessary 'austerity'. Or some could be used to close down all the tax haven loopholes / chase the multi Corp tax avoiders, so again it can go back into the public purse to fight 'austerity'.
    I would get did of the royal family altogether. We own the majority of their palaces already and we pay £380m a year so they can live in them, while nurses turn to using food banks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post

"Completely unnecessary austerity" is a bit much. It was clearly necessary but they've targeted the wrong people.

And the tories have done more than any other to close tax loopholes in business. But yet again they've targeted small fry instead of the big boys.

Not to drag the forum into politics.

I quite fancy that Kate Middleton.

chi onwurah‏
    @ChiOnwurah
    Congratulations to Prince Philip on retiring in financial security at time of his choosing from a job he enjoys #forthemanynotthefew #waspi

Labour MP tells the truth

@ChiOnwurah
    That is shameful & wrong. I am truly shocked by your comments. The Royal family should be kept out of politics. I hope you will apologise.

Tory candidate takes it upon himself to talk utter garbage to score points.

Truly shocking. Such sacrilege should never be tolerated.

Send her to the tower.

She is head of state ffs anyway.

Bet he still gets more than the state pension.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would get did of the royal family altogether. We own the majority of their palaces already and we pay £380m a year so they can live in them, while nurses turn to using food banks.
    The Crown Estate pays out over £300m a year to the treasury though, so the bill isn't quite as big.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    The Crown Estate pays out over £300m a year to the treasury though, so the bill isn't quite as big.
    The crown estate belongs to parliament though, not the royal family.

It's amazing that so many people agree with the concept of royalty where the only qualification required is being born in the right bed.

The crown estate belongs to parliament though, not the royal family.
    Belongs to the monarch, and the proceeds are given by the Queen to the treasury.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Just a naval lieutenant in World War 2.

Belongs to the monarch, and the proceeds are given by the Queen to the treasury.
    Nominally owned by "the monarch" but is not their private property. It is effectively publicly owned.

The proceeds were signed over to the treasury in 1760 by George III, it has never been the queens to give away

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I quite fancy that Kate Middleton.
    "Flat-chested but definitely humpable. I'd certainly entertain it."

Not my words. Those are the considered opinion of a certain Cowbridge resident.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    "Completely unnecessary austerity" is a bit much. It was clearly necessary but they've targeted the wrong people.

And the tories have done more than any other to close tax loopholes in business. But yet again they've targeted small fry instead of the big boys.

Not to drag the forum into politics.
    We were all in it together surely?

The BBC was in full fawning mood about yesterday's announcement - I know I shouldn't be like this, but, I'm sorry, I just can't see past the media response to any Royal news, their attitude is out of tune with how the majority of people I know feel about our "Lords and Masters".

Do you know any nurses that have to rely on food banks?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Do you know any nurses that have to rely on food banks?
    Theresa May does.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7710066.html