+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phil the Greek standing down from public life

Re: Phil the Greek standing down from public life

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We were all in it together surely?

The BBC was in full fawning mood about yesterday's announcement - I know I shouldn't be like this, but, I'm sorry, I just can't see past the media response to any Royal news, their attitude is out of tune with how the majority of people I know feel about our "Lords and Masters".
    I'm in quite the quandary here, on the one hand I would not consider myself a Royalist by any stretch of the imagination, apart from a grudging respect for the old feller, telling it how it is, and admiration for William and Harry.

Chances are, away from the public gaze, chances are they are perfectly normal people, but what puts me off is this media fawning, particularly that Nicholas Winchell bloke

I don't like prince Philip because he says some very racist things. But I also don't like him because he's Greek, so I don't know quite where this leaves me.

Personally I've got no problem with the royal family.

It's part of our history, they do a great PR job for the country and who doesn't love the queen's trademark scowl.

As for that old bloke, how can you retire from following an old woman around and chatting bollox with strangers? Isn't that what most old men do in Tesco's every week?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    "Flat-chested but definitely humpable. I'd certainly entertain it."

Not my words. Those are the considered opinion of a certain Cowbridge resident.
    Was really hoping that was a quote from Philip I'd missed

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Do you know any nurses that have to rely on food banks?
    YES