Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
My daughter goes to state nursery (school) in the morning and often goes to private nursery (nursery) in the afternoon (if my wife is working), she will always say to me "I don't want to go to nursery, I want to go home with you" often accompanied by lots of crying and going stiff as a board when I try and get her in the car. It turns out that she sees state nursery for big girls and nursery for baby girls, and that she's no longer a baby. Unfortunately, as I have to get back to work, there is no alternative for us.
It has got easier as we now know what she is thinking and can talk her round to going (sometimes involves bribery). I know the situation is somewhat different to yours, and I don't what the solution is for you, but may give a very small insight into the psychology of a threenager.
Yeah, i'm in a similar place. We can get round the behavior with rewards. I feel the best way forward is for us and the nursery is to work as a team and find solutions.

However it seems the nursery's attitude is, we don't have to pick him up so we are not going to bother anymore. I don't think that is fair to us.