+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bale's NEW BAR, Number 11, opens tomorrow (Friday), for us mere mortals.

Bale's NEW BAR, Number 11, opens tomorrow (Friday), for us mere mortals.

Re: Bale's NEW BAR, Number 11, opens tomorrow (Friday), for us mere mortals.

Looks unBALEavebly shite.

Upmarket Wetherspoons IMO.

I hope it works out though; it's a novel idea and just what Cardiff needs - another bar selling burgers and chips.

Apparently, the bar will be unique in that it will offer a selection of Welsh only cask aged Bales, along with an award winning Steak And Bale pie.

If Brains are involved the food will be shit as they are clueless compared to most chain pubs.

Human beings can always find something to moan about

He's got enough money to Bale the business out, anyway.

I'll stick with the Cambrian

That looks total gash fair play

Hope it's a total disaster and closes down within a month of opening.

It was a damn good, small music venue, it a City that is getting increasingly short on them. Small venues that is, not shiteholes like the Motorpoint Rip-off Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

It was a damn good, small music venue, it a City that is getting increasingly short on them. Small venues that is, not shiteholes like the Motorpoint Rip-off Arena
    There was a separation between Bale buying the property and a good music venue closing - if it was doing well enough then 11's would have had to find another venue.

Before we get all "defend local music", wasn't it also the venue that refused to show the Welsh football Euro qualifier and showed an English rugby match instead?

It looks nice but not spectacular. Seems to be a sit-down restaurant with basic food in order to watch sports, and the sports cafe has already shut down twice in Cardiff.

Here's new one trying to get on the small music venue scene, not far from town either.
    http://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/20...e-music-april/

I thought the logo design was more like the Puma King design, not 11, where the 2 stripes reflect the fans loyalty to the club, which will be appreciated by all.

Unhappy Re: Bale's NEW BAR, Number 11, opens tomorrow (Friday), for us mere mortals.

Have to agree, good bar, godd music venue. Now just another anodyne sports bar.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I thought the logo design was more like the Puma King design, not 11, where the 2 stripes reflect the fans loyalty to the club, which will be appreciated by all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

I am still gutted the 4 bars closed. Pint of Hürlimanns Lager in a glass, walk across the road and sit against the castle. Happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    There was a separation between Bale buying the property and a good music venue closing - if it was doing well enough then 11's would have had to find another venue.

Before we get all "defend local music", wasn't it also the venue that refused to show the Welsh football Euro qualifier and showed an English rugby match instead?

It looks nice but not spectacular. Seems to be a sit-down restaurant with basic food in order to watch sports, and the sports cafe has already shut down twice in Cardiff.
    It was doing great as a music venue It just wasn't doing that good as a city centre pub. The character of the pub definitely went down hill when it changed from being the Four Bars into just another plastic Irish wanna-be-bar, that laughingly attached themselves to city centres throughout the UK in the late 80s and early 90s. But as I have just said, it was great as a city centre music venue.

Yes, you are right that this was the venue that refused to show a Wales Euro qualifier, and did indeed show a English rugby match instead. I know quite a few soul boys who regularly attend 'Fabulous @ Dempseys' refused to go after this. I for one never drank there again, apart from said soul nights after this. I never understood why the fecker of a manager wasn't sacked for this blunder! It has to be said it's a bit rich the pub making it a Bale, Euro 2016 footballer hero, bar.

It doesn't even look nice, it looks just like any other city centre chav shitehole

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Here's new one trying to get on the small music venue scene, not far from town either.
    http://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/20...e-music-april/
    Cheers Tony, I will check this venue out sooner rather than later

I was in a pub toilet recently. It was immaculately clean and fresh smelling and a sign on the door read 'Please leave this toilet as you'd expect to find it'. Reluctantly, I smeared shit on the walls, pissed on the seat, bust the lock and f*cked off with the toilet roll.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    I was in a pub toilet recently. It was immaculately clean and fresh smelling and a sign on the door read 'Please leave this toilet as you'd expect to find it'. Reluctantly, I smeared shit on the walls, pissed on the seat, bust the lock and f*cked off with the toilet roll.

If it was anywhere else I'd think it looks shyte, but I'll give it a go. Sadly it took my Dempseys away so **** it.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I am still gutted the 4 bars closed. Pint of Hürlimanns Lager in a glass, walk across the road and sit against the castle. Happy days!
    It was the Globe I seem to remember before the 4 bars.
    'Hooligans' lager it was dubbed.
    3 pints of that and you'd wanna fight the world

Hürlimanns was mentioned in conversation t'other day. Wasn t it banned because of its potency?