+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football League World suggesting Leigh Griffiths, Celtic striker...

Football League World suggesting Leigh Griffiths, Celtic striker...

...is someone we should be seriously considering:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wh...in-the-summer/

Scots born with a great goalscoring record but he's new to me. He's 26 and came south of the border between 2011-14 and played just 26 times which doesn't sound promising. Since then, though, he's made 90 appearances for the Bhouys and bagged 61 goals. Suggestion is he'll be moving down the pecking order next season.

Anyone fancy him?

Re: Football League World suggesting Leigh Griffiths, Celtic striker...

Would be a step up for him, but could be worth looking at

Good goalscoring record but appears to have some off field issues bearing in mind his last 3 manager's have made specific comment about it:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-warns-9723983

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

Scots born with a great goalscoring record but he's new to me. He's 26 and came south of the border between 2011-14 and played just 26 times which doesn't sound promising. Since then, though, he's made 90 appearances for the Bhouys and bagged 61 goals. Suggestion is he'll be moving down the pecking order next season.

Anyone fancy him?
    no thanks not good enough.

I would have him in our team any day. Looked impressive in recent old firm derby.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I would have him in our team any day. Looked impressive in recent old firm derby.
    Spedger
    He looks good in Scottish football,i do not think he could do it in the championship in my humble opinion

Scores a lot of goals for Celtic. But I imagine Fred probably would in that Celtic team with no team challenging them.

A football manager gem about 5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    A football manager gem about 5 years ago
    You beat me to it

I remember he was meant to be some kind of Scottish wonderkid (if such a thing exists) but off-field issues meant he never fulfilled his potential

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

Anyone fancy him?
    Not for me, he got fourteen goals in those twenty six games for Wolves mind, I believe all but one of them came in League One though. I daresay Warnock may view him as one of those players he can get playing for him in a way other bosses couldn't, but he seems to be more effective in Scotland and I'd be concerned about him being able to settle in this area.

Although Scottish football has been a bit of a joke for a long time, I'd say their premier league is easily on a par with our championship.
    The standard this season has been mediocre to say the least, with no real stand out teams. Basically, Newcastle and Brighton have came out on top of a bore fest.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Although Scottish football has been a bit of a joke for a long time, I'd say their premier league is easily on a par with our championship.
    The standard this season has been mediocre to say the least, with no real stand out teams. Basically, Newcastle and Brighton have came out on top of a bore fest.
    Huddersfield, Brentford, Barnsley and Fulham have been decent sides as well - Wednesday were OK too

There have been truly dreadful sides this year - Leeds, Reading, Wolves, Ipswich and Bristol were all dreadful to watch especially Reading

The rest were much like our season - Meh.........

There's no way the SPL is on a par with the championship.

Celtic would be a championship side probably around the playoffs, literally every other side there would be worse than Rotherham.

We are going to finish around the middle of the table, look at the teams in the middle of the SPL table. Partick and Kilmarnock - tell me how many players from those teams would get into our side?
    They are league one standard at best.

Rodgers will come out and say'll that only Barca or madrid will do for his golden generation, the gift from the heavens that are.............the INVINCIBLE'S.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There's no way the SPL is on a par with the championship.

Celtic would be a championship side probably around the playoffs, literally every other side there would be worse than Rotherham.

We are going to finish around the middle of the table, look at the teams in the middle of the SPL table. Partick and Kilmarnock - tell me how many players from those teams would get into our side?
    They are league one standard at best.
    It's all about opinions, but I do think you are trying to make the championship out to be something it's not. It's a very competitive and unpredictable division, but not because of quality.
    I f we played Patrick Thistle tomorrow and Celtic played Newcastle, I wouldn't be confident of either championship side coming out on top.

It's all about opinions, but I do think you are trying to make the championship out to be something it's not. It's a very competitive and unpredictable division, but not because of quality.
    I f we played Patrick Thistle tomorrow and Celtic played Newcastle, I wouldn't be confident of either championship side coming out on top.
    How many partick players do you think would get into our side then? And vice versa

How many partick players do you think would get into our side then? And vice versa
    I don't know much about Patrick's squad, and I'm guessing you don't either.
    I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen in the championship the last couple of seasons, along with the Scottish premiership games I've watched on TV.

I don't know much about Patrick's squad, and I'm guessing you don't either.
    I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen in the championship the last couple of seasons, along with the Scottish premiership games I've watched on TV.
    I'm basing my opinion on a model I'm building of relative strengths of different leagues based on player performances who have transferred between them. I have the SPL as a far weaker league than the championship.
    I put the championship in between the Dutch and Belgian leagues, the SPL is down with the Danish and league one.

I'm basing my opinion on a model I'm building of relative strengths of different leagues based on player performances who have transferred between them. I have the SPL as a far weaker league than the championship.
    I put the championship in between the Dutch and Belgian leagues, the SPL is down with the Danish and league one.
    I would be genuinely interested to hear the opinions of the likes of Kris Burke, Don Cowley, Kenny Miller, Adam Mathews, David Marshall, Alan McGregor etc on this subject. They would obviously be able to give a much better perspective on it than you and I.

I'd rather another punt at Tony Watt , if fit still owned by Charlton I think , however if Rhys Healey is ready in time at only at 22 ,he's the one I would invest time in ,before his injury he showed some promise.

Simon Church scored 6 in 13 for Aberdeeen, the SPL is nowhere near the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Let's be fair here. Anyone watching this borefest at Hillsborough tonight, along with the 1st leg and both legs of the other play off semi, would have to be nuts to suggest that the standard in this division is anything other than mediocre.

Let's be fair here. Anyone watching this borefest at Hillsborough tonight, along with the 1st leg and both legs of the other play off semi, would have to be nuts to suggest that the standard in this division is anything other than mediocre.
    Nobody is suggesting that, they are just saying that the SPL is markedly shitter

I'd go as far to say, "that it looked like these matches contained 4 teams, that contained a certain amount of players that didn't want to attain promotion".

But (NSASWB), that's another debate/argument/discussion