+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff target 50 plus times capped international - he plays for the Philipines mind.

Cardiff target 50 plus times capped international - he plays for the Philipines mind.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...lsall-12989583

Been quite impressed by what I've seen of him, other reports say we're looking to bring in two keepers in the summer.

Re: Cardiff target 50 plus times capped international - he plays for the Philipines mind.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...lsall-12989583

Been quite impressed by what I've seen of him, other reports say we're looking to bring in two keepers in the summer.
    Didn't Warnock say he wanted two? Depends if Murphy's performances have changed his mind on if we need a backup I guess. He seems to be one of the better keepers in League One so worth a shot on a free.

Re: Cardiff target 50 plus times capped international - he plays for the Philipines mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Didn't Warnock say he wanted two? Depends if Murphy's performances have changed his mind on if we need a backup I guess. He seems to be one of the better keepers in League One so worth a shot on a free.
    Yes, it seems like we're looking to have three senior keepers next season - Lee Camp may be one of them.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rnock-12990474

I can't say I've heard of him Bob but even though it's a bit of a warped view I'll be glad if we don't spend too much of our budget on a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I can't say I've heard of him Bob but even though it's a bit of a warped view I'll be glad if we don't spend too much of our budget on a keeper.
    I wouldn't mind a solid, steady Eddie in goal if that meant we could sign better outfield players. I'd rather someone with experience but they're not cheap and I'm not wild about Lee Camp, especially with his latest injury.

I wouldn't mind a solid, steady Eddie in goal if that meant we could sign better outfield players. I'd rather someone with experience but they're not cheap and I'm not wild about Lee Camp, especially with his latest injury.
    I do have firm confidence that we won't be left in the same situation as last year with Warnock in charge.

I honestly believe he knows what he wants and i can confidently say that that wasn't the case with our last 3 managers on a lot of occasions.

I do have firm confidence that we won't be left in the same situation as last year with Warnock in charge.

I honestly believe he knows what he wants and i can confidently say that that wasn't the case with our last 3 managers on a lot of occasions.
    I'd go as far to say 4 managers. Mackay nailed his signings in the Championship (Cowie, Conway, Mutch, Turner etc) but a lot of his signings in the Prem looked like panic buys.

I'd go as far to say 4 managers. Mackay nailed his signings in the Championship (Cowie, Conway, Mutch, Turner etc) but a lot of his signings in the Prem looked like panic buys.

Sorry mate, i was trying to include Malky. I forgot about Trollope!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, it seems like we're looking to have three senior keepers next season - Lee Camp may be one of them.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rnock-12990474
    We started the season with three senior keepers in Amos, Wilson and Murphy.

Amos goes back to Bolton, Murphy gets the Warnock thumbs up as one of the three keepers next year, but it looks like Wilson (one year left) is being pushed out of the door!

I was always of the mindset a good goalie is the second most important player after a decent striker

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I was always of the mindset a good goalie is the second most important player after a decent striker
    Yeah you're probably right mate but i don't know why but I'd feel cheated if we had a 6 million budget and spent say 2 million on a keeper.

Banned

Must be nice to be able to spend money on transfers instead of trying to manage a team on a shoe string.