+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rashford poll

Re: Rashford poll

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    For the 80-90-100 million they're on about for griezmann I'd expect a generational talent. Not just an above average midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    hmmmm, maybe.

But iago aspas has a similar record.

I don't think griezmann is all that. Would he be better than de bruyne? I don't think so.

Gylfi Siguršsson of swansea is the third highest assister in the premier league. 9 goals as well. And no one talks of him moving for huge money. He's scrapping in a rubbish team as well, not athletico pummelling teams every now and then.

For the 80-90-100 million they're on about for griezmann I'd expect a generational talent. Not just an above average midfielder.

If Man U do this it'll prove to anyone they're there for the taking with transfers. They won't take the risk on buying slightly more unknown people, just throw money at the hyped up players.
    Oh would you behave? Have you actually watched Griezmann play? He's absolutely brilliant. Griezmann has scored 25+ goals a season every year he's been at Atleti and scored 20 for Sociedad the year before.

Man United have cash to burn so who cares? They spent £90m on a centre mid for crying out loud, so they may as well get an attacking mid for the same price. Above average. Christ. Put your rod away. Also, Atleti are fairly defensive and look to AG to score their goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Rooney is washed up and martial and Rashford can't be relied upon to score frequently enough. I'd be surprised if they don't sign a striker
    When Rashford plays through the middle, he scores. He's going to be their main striker.

Coutinho better than Griezmann ??
    Abraham better than Rashford??

Are you lit that clueless or being contrary for the sake of it. 2 of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Wow have some people even seen Griezmann play? He's not a midfielder for a start!

And united will surely get a striker, maybe two.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    When Rashford plays through the middle, he scores. He's going to be their main striker.
    He's doing well but not scoring often enough to be their main striker YET. They will make a large purchase in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I can't see Rashford being number one at united next season
    In goals , hot news ,keepers leaving ??/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Give me strength.

Tammy Abraham????

A kid that hasn't even played a game against top opposition and some people think he's the next big thing.

This is the same kid that got totally bullied out of the game at our place by a guy that hadn't played for months.

As for Rashford, undoubted potential but let's not get carried away.
    http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3529271.html

Not bad for somebody who can't get in their squad like.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3529271.html

Not bad for somebody who can't get in their squad like.
    It's what clubs like Chelsea do - take any promising youngster, farm him out for a while and see if he makes the grade. If he doesn't then offload him, if he does then they've saved themselves a packet having to go out and spend 50-60 million on a top striker.

Most of these youngsters end up as surplus to requirements at clubs like Chelsea and even if one does slip through the net then they'll just spend lots of money buying them back like they'll probably do with lukaku in the summer.

If they rate him that highly then I look forward to seeing how he fares for them next season.

It's what clubs like Chelsea do - take any promising youngster, farm him out for a while and see if he makes the grade. If he doesn't then offload him, if he does then they've saved themselves a packet having to go out and spend 50-60 million on a top striker.

Most of these youngsters end up as surplus to requirements at clubs like Chelsea and even if one does slip through the net then they'll just spend lots of money buying them back like they'll probably do with lukaku in the summer.

If they rate him that highly then I look forward to seeing how he fares for them next season.
    Let's be honest, even if he makes the grade they still don't think he's "ready". They have Bertrand Traore on loan at Ajax and every time I've watched him he's been on fire but yet they still won't give him a chance next year.

The current system is an absolute joke and in my opinion the rules have to be changed as Chelsea and their like are abusing the system and have made it into a cash cow from the loan fees they receive

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Let's be honest, even if he makes the grade they still don't think he's "ready". They have Bertrand Traore on loan at Ajax and every time I've watched him he's been on fire but yet they still won't give him a chance next year.

The current system is an absolute joke and in my opinion the rules have to be changed as Chelsea and their like are abusing the system and have made it into a cash cow from the loan fees they receive
    Exactly.

http://www.chelseafc.com/teams/on-loan-players.html

Chelsea have 37 players out on loan.

Thirty seven???

Most clubs don't even have that many players on their books.

A quick look through that list shows 10 strikers out on loan.

I'm willing to bet that Tammy Abraham has as much chance of pulling on a Chelsea shirt next season as I do.

Exactly.

http://www.chelseafc.com/teams/on-loan-players.html

Chelsea have 37 players out on loan.

Thirty seven???

Most clubs don't even have that many players on their books.

A quick look through that list shows 10 strikers out on loan.

I'm willing to bet that Tammy Abraham has as much chance of pulling on a Chelsea shirt next season as I do.
    Don't forget Michy Batshuayi too

First Team

From the little I have seen he looks like he could be something special.
    However, I doubt that he will develop with United as they and they supporters appear to demand established big names these days.
    If he is to fulfill his promise ( assuming his ego doesn't take over and he adopts the Premiership moneybags attitude) he needs to play first team football on a regular basis and in the same position.
    Newcastle would probably be a good bet but I doubt that United will loan him out but continue to use him as an impact player.

Chelsea are totally abusing the loan system and have been for years. Made even more incredible when you think that John Terry was the last homegrown player to become a regular for them, and he's about to retire most likely.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Why are you calling him Kelechi and not Iheanacho? Or alternatively calling the other Marcus and Tammy?

Odd.
    It reminds me of all the english rugby pundits and commentators,they would spout a list of surnames"..... and Johny"

Always made me want to puke.