+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Newport Cewnty Tomorrow

Newport Cewnty Tomorrow

Anyone else heading to Newport to see their big game tomorrow?

Re: Newport Cewnty Tomorrow

I'm going.
    Looking forward to standing at a game for the first time in years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'm going.
    Looking forward to standing at a game for the first time in years.
    My Cewnty mate has sorted the tickets & I think we are in the Hazell Stand. I would much prefer to be on the terrace but looking forward to it all the same

Blue in the Face

Anyone know if this game's going to be televised (streamed)?

Hartlepool is the live game on Sky.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen_Blue View Post
    Hartlepool is the live game on Sky.
    Thanks for the info. Shame though.

I'm sending my prays ,way too many enemies in Newport, I remember that bad adventure we took with Frankie back in the day, when we posed as Ipswich fans friendly I think it was , because we we wore the same colours ,ouch it hurt that day .

Really hope they can do the job.

Always had a soft spot having played Welsh League for them for a couple of seasons in the sixties.

Let's hope they go out of the league for good. Hartlepool to stay up please

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    My Cewnty mate has sorted the tickets & I think we are in the Hazell Stand. I would much prefer to be on the terrace but looking forward to it all the same
    I'm in the Budgie Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I'm in the Budgie Stand
    Did you buy your ticket on higher perches?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Did you buy your ticket on higher perches?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Anyone else heading to Newport to see their big game tomorrow?
    Good luck Cewnty

I remember being there in April '77 for their last "must not lose to be relegated from the football game" v Workington.

I'm sure the result was 1-1 which meant Workington lost their league status and County remained in the football league

Think maybe Bob Wilson and one or two others that regularly read this board were there that night too?

When I was a kid (in the seventies) I used to go and watch County at home when City were away and all I can remember is walking past some prefabricated bugalows and arriving at a ground which seems to be surrounded by corrugated iron. And the corners of the pitch were worn away by the speedway. Some of the corner-takers had problems placing the ball as a result.

When I was a kid (in the seventies) I used to go and watch County at home when City were away and all I can remember is walking past some prefabricated bugalows and arriving at a ground which seems to be surrounded by corrugated iron. And the corners of the pitch were worn away by the speedway. Some of the corner-takers had problems placing the ball as a result.
    Yep, the speedway was good in the day. Last time I was there it was the bog promotion match 1984?. We lost 1-0 but I came away happy knowing we were the better side. We were promoted that year, Cwnty weren't.
    Anyway, good luck Cwnty. Don't want the eggers to have it all their own way in Newport.

In terms of welsh football I've always preferred to see Wrexham do well over Newport.

I was going to just say about TNS but only now realised their stadium is in England. Never knew that

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    In terms of welsh football I've always preferred to see Wrexham do well over Newport.

I was going to just say about TNS but only now realised their stadium is in England. Never knew that
    I don't hold any malice towards any Welsh clubs, Swansea included.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Yes it's always stuck in my throat the way some Welsh clubs were treated by the Welsh FA all those years ago, yet TNS, originally based in Llansanrffraid were allowed to move lock stock and barrel to Oswestry and are now lauded as a credit to Welsh football. They should feck off and leave the Welsh league to proper Welsh teams and we might see Barry Town United back in Europe.

I too went to watch cewnty occasionally with my dad, when City were playing away in the 70s. My abiding memory is of the whole ground seemingly shaking whenever a high speed inter-city train sped by, almost as it had been hit by an earthquake

I've seen first hand the animosity they have towards us, and don't understand that love in they seem to have with the Jack's, but good luck to them. The animosity ha always been one way as far as I can tell

First Team

Always had a soft spot for them and the old Somerton Park was a dump of epic proportions but enjoyed watching games there whenever my father was going there.
    Hope they retain their league status ,as if they went down I fear that would be it for them.

Let's just hope Hartlepool do the business and send the Cewny Gypos dewn for good