Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
Well Corbyn's policies look fine to me. My missus Nicky has just been to see a friend today.She has lost her benefits having been passed fit to work.She had breast cancer previously. It has now returned in her other breast. She can barely walk.It sickens me that the Tories are treating people like this. Its Dickensian.

I hopd one day they get their comeuppance and only Labour can truely defeat them.It will be a long wait. It might be too late for Nicky's friend.
This is true. I know somebody who is more or less bedbound, and they are only just about surviving thanks to the goodwill and charity of overstretched relatives and extended family. People should definitely question why such a large proportion of their income is subject to direct/indirect taxation, because if they ever succumb to ill heath they will be in for a very nasty shock. The concept of a safety net barely exists anymore. My heart goes out to Nicky's friend, and I totally share your disgust in the current state of affairs.