+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a waste of a vote

What a waste of a vote

If you voted for same old boring coal mining labour. The conservatives are laughing their heads off at the demise of the Labour Party. I'm proud to have voted for the only real Welsh party Plaid Cymru and to see them slowly but surely getting more and more votes as the Labour vote get less and less as they literally die off. Fast forward another 10 years, new generations voting for Plaid and the ruled by a foreign parliament who treat us like an after thought will be a thing of the past. Vote Labour? vote for a party that slowly is ebbing away with old outdated ideas, just look at their leader for starters.

Re: What a waste of a vote

Well Corbyn's policies look fine to me. My missus Nicky has just been to see a friend today.She has lost her benefits having been passed fit to work.She had breast cancer previously. It has now returned in her other breast. She can barely walk.It sickens me that the Tories are treating people like this. Its Dickensian.

I hopd one day they get their comeuppance and only Labour can truely defeat them.It will be a long wait. It might be too late for Nicky's friend.

The tories have Labour in their pocket for good. Only Plaid ( huge gains yesterday) are an alternative now, the tories don't care about Wales

Nope they don't. Politics is cyclical and under a more appealing leader Labour will return to power. It may take 10/15 years but the Tories will pay a penalty for their policies.

Wish Plaid would find a different leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Nope they don't. Politics is cyclical and under a more appealing leader Labour will return to power. It may take 10/15 years but the Tories will pay a penalty for their policies.
    The Plaid vote is increasing - 33 extra wins yesterday and creeping up in Labour (bad habit Andy fear of change) areas. The cycle of English parties treating Wales as an after thought is going to change the political landscape for good. Voting for Labour or indeed the Tories in Wales is a wasted vote. It's time for a change and for Welsh people to stand up at last

*and fear of change

I voted Plaid purely on local issues and their three candidates were elected in my ward, but I'm fairly sure they are the only councilors they have in Cardiff which has to be a disappointing outcome for them - I would have thought they would have been expecting better from the elections throughout Wales as well.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wish Plaid would find a different leader.
    I have a feeling that after this GE, should plaid not make gains that they probably will.

This was Plaid's second best ever result in local elections, they gained 33 councillors. They improved all over Wales except for in Torfaen, the Vale of Glamorgan (where they lost four councillors)and Cardiff. Neil McEvoy's bullying clearly didn't appeal to many voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    If you voted for same old boring coal mining labour. The conservatives are laughing their heads off at the demise of the Labour Party. I'm proud to have voted for the only real Welsh party Plaid Cymru and to see them slowly but surely getting more and more votes as the Labour vote get less and less as they literally die off. Fast forward another 10 years, new generations voting for Plaid and the ruled by a foreign parliament who treat us like an after thought will be a thing of the past. Vote Labour? vote for a party that slowly is ebbing away with old outdated ideas, just look at their leader for starters.

What you on about there hasn't been a coal mining industry for decades you daft bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Well Corbyn's policies look fine to me. My missus Nicky has just been to see a friend today.She has lost her benefits having been passed fit to work.She had breast cancer previously. It has now returned in her other breast. She can barely walk.It sickens me that the Tories are treating people like this. Its Dickensian.

I hopd one day they get their comeuppance and only Labour can truely defeat them.It will be a long wait. It might be too late for Nicky's friend.
    This is true. I know somebody who is more or less bedbound, and they are only just about surviving thanks to the goodwill and charity of overstretched relatives and extended family. People should definitely question why such a large proportion of their income is subject to direct/indirect taxation, because if they ever succumb to ill heath they will be in for a very nasty shock. The concept of a safety net barely exists anymore. My heart goes out to Nicky's friend, and I totally share your disgust in the current state of affairs.