+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sam Gallagher.

Sam Gallagher.

City ready to offer £3 million for him according to this piece - Neil Warnock spoke last week of someone he was pretty close to signing , but a lot of big clubs had become interested in him - wonder if it could be Gallagher?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/08...allagher-chas/

Re: Sam Gallagher.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    City ready to offer £3 million for him according to this piece - Neil Warnock spoke last week of someone he was pretty close to signing , but a lot of big clubs had become interested in him - wonder if it could be Gallagher?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/08...allagher-chas/
    Good young up and coming player but would he compliment Zohore?

With a transfer kitty of only £6m. If he successful with his £3m bid for Gallagher, then he won't have much left over to recruit other player's?

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Good young up and coming player but would he compliment Zohore?

I suppose he may tell him "what a fine figure of a man he is"

I thought that Rodney bloke for Hartlepool looked useful, I'd imagine a few teams will be looking to take a punt on him

Looks a good player & at his age has time on his side to improve further. If we are after him then I feel that Warnock would need to act quick & be at his persuasive best as I would expect other clubs to be interested as the article suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    With a transfer kitty of only £6m. If he successful with his £3m bid for Gallagher, then he won't have much left over to recruit other player's?
    I think that we can safely assume that there will be players sold which will provide Warnock with further funds to add to his budget. Personally I am not expecting to see Noone, Pilkington & Huws at the club by the time the new season kicks off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I think that we can safely assume that there will be players sold which will provide Warnock with further funds to add to his budget. Personally I am not expecting to see Noone, Pilkington & Huws at the club by the time the new season kicks off.
    I think we'll look to spend about £1m each on three players, a few free transfers/loans and then spend £3m to get a striker to challenge or partner Zohore. Good strikers aren't cheap for starters. I agree with the above as well, I can't make up my mind on what we're doing with Pilks, plus he's got 2 years left on his contract and will be on decent money, but I'm pretty sure Noone and Huws will go. We might be able to get a fee for Saadi too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I think the £6m will include assumptions that we'll sell them by the way. A nice bonus would be Hull staying up etc and a possible sell on for Cornelius.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think we'll look to spend about £1m each on three players, a few free transfers/loans and then spend £3m to get a striker to challenge or partner Zohore. Good strikers aren't cheap for starters. I agree with the above as well, I can't make up my mind on what we're doing with Pilks, plus he's got 2 years left on his contract and will be on decent money, but I'm pretty sure Noone and Huws will go. We might be able to get a fee for Saadi too.

I would expect a very good fee for a 25 year old who is the equal 3rd top scorer in the Belgian league. Although I would like to see him return to us, Warnock has given no indication that this will be happening so maybe Saadi will one of those who leaves to help him generate the cash for his own signings.

I see that Everton were rumoured to be considering paying up to £10m in January for a 25 year old player who scored less than Saadi this season. Although I am not suggesting that we will get anywhere near that, strikers who are able to hit the back of the net on a regular basis tend to attract a good premium when it comes to transfers.

Blue in the Face

Think it's a bit presumptuous to think that Zohore will be here at the start of next season. We could get a big money offer for Zohore which could open up the possibilities for transfers like this. And a couple of others to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Think it's a bit presumptuous to think that Zohore will be here at the start of next season. We could get a big money offer for Zohore which could open up the possibilities for transfers like this. And a couple of others to boot.
    I think it's unlikely to get a big money offer after just half a good season by the age of 24, but stranger things have happened

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Stranger things have happened but I think our valuation of him will exceed what others will want to pay. The club know how good he could become, so if we sell him for any less than £10m, I'd be very annoyed. Hogan went for around that and with Zohore's size, pace and strength, the sky is the limit. If you wanted a modern striker, he'd be 6'3, quick, powerful, that scores goals. Zohore is all those things so someone would have to pay way over the odds.