+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCMB Fantasy League - April Update

CCMB Fantasy League - April Update

1 month to go and what looked like a 2 horse race has certainly become a 1 horse race with THE DON falling heavily. THE DON had one of the worst April scores in the league, but maintains 2nd place. It's set up for a tight run in for the 2nd place prize. Meanwhile chris lee now looks well set to win the title, and Sunderland Bluebird takes the April monthly prize of £15 with an excellent 380 points.

The cup semi finals were played last weekend, and have seen chris lee reach the final against Ell. Could a double be on the cards? The final will be played in the final gameweek on the last day of the season.

The last but one update from myself, as I won't be continuing next year, the new format of the site has made it very awkward, I can no longer just copy and paste dirtectly into excel, it's a right ballache, and I can't be bothered. If anyone wants to take on the challenge, then you are welcome, and I'd be happy to enter someone elses paid league next season. Meanwhile I will keep the overall Bluebirds MB League open as there are many teams in that and I've only gotto click 2 buttons for that one

Thanks,

Re: CCMB Fantasy League - April Update

Sad to hear this will be your last season, by far the best run fantasy football league I have ever been in, just a thought it may be less hassle to just do overall winnings at end of season next year instead of monthly winners and cup, and maybe stretch the pot out to top 4 winners.

That should make a lot less work, obviously if you do just want a complete break I understand, just hard to find someone so trustworthy these days, would be a shame to loose you

Will you be doing the cup final predictions in the coming weeks?

Thanks Chris, I think I'm giving it a clean break, I could just do a top 4 winners and not post any updates, but if someone wants to take it on and put more effort in then that'd be better. I'd trust anyone who's in that league right now with the money, though I understand the caution in transferring a tenner to someone on the internet you've never met.

Zenith, don't think it can happen this season, as the ideal time to do it would be now, as the play offs are all decided, but the European cups are still at semi final stage. Annoying, the play offs will kick off before the Euro finals are decided.
    Could just do it with Real, Juve, Man U and Ajax. But I'd be setting us up for a fall there.

Quote Originally Posted by beef View Post
    Thanks Chris, I think I'm giving it a clean break, I could just do a top 4 winners and not post any updates, but if someone wants to take it on and put more effort in then that'd be better. I'd trust anyone who's in that league right now with the money, though I understand the caution in transferring a tenner to someone on the internet you've never met.

Zenith, don't think it can happen this season, as the ideal time to do it would be now, as the play offs are all decided, but the European cups are still at semi final stage. Annoying, the play offs will kick off before the Euro finals are decided.
    Could just do it with Real, Juve, Man U and Ajax. But I'd be setting us up for a fall there.
    Actually, scrap that, the League 1 play offs have already started, so missed the bus on it anyway I'm afraid. Maybe we could do it after the Europa League semis on Thursday, and just have a choice of the 2 remaining in League 1, rather than the usual 4...
    Last edited by beef; 07-05-17 at 10:39.

Quote Originally Posted by beef View Post
    Actually, scrap that, the League 1 play offs have already started, so missed the bus on it anyway I'm afraid. Maybe we could do it after the Europa League semis on Thursday, and just have a choice of the 2 remaining in League 1, rather than the usual 4...
    That sounds good to me Mr Beef

I see this has suddenly become a bit more interesting at the top. Funny ol' game innit.

It's early in the morning but am I right in saying that you will keep the CCMB Message Board League going next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn View Post
    It's early in the morning but am I right in saying that you will keep the CCMB Message Board League going next season?
    Yes.

Looking forward to my cup final this Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I see this has suddenly become a bit more interesting at the top. Funny ol' game innit.
    Wow, so it has, some incredible scores this week. People have certainly been wily with their bench boosts and triple captains this season.

I dropped to 2nd for a period during the week, shitting myself seeing the size of the points Ben and Geraint collected, very impressive, do not think i am going be able to hold it this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I dropped to 2nd for a period during the week, shitting myself seeing the size of the points Ben and Geraint collected, very impressive, do not think i am going be able to hold it this weekend
    A few years ago I lost the league and cup final on the last day, the former to a Walcott hattrick punt and the latter to a guy who had about the 50th highest weekly score in the world.

So if you're gonna do a Cardiff, you're in good company...

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    A few years ago I lost the league and cup final on the last day, the former to a Walcott hattrick punt and the latter to a guy who had about the 50th highest weekly score in the world.

So if you're gonna do a Cardiff, you're in good company...
    One of my finest ever punts that Walcott one, if it makes you feel any better

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    let's hope you don't hold out for the cup either

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    One of my finest ever punts that Walcott one, if it makes you feel any better
    You were one of three teams within striking distance so I always knew there was more chance of me losing it than winning. My advantage was my point lead so I couldn't afford to take a point hit for a punt. Think he'd scored two in the first 20 minutes so by then I knew my luck was probably out.

Walcott is a feast or famine player so I'd be surprised if you'd had a better punt than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ell. View Post
    let's hope you don't hold out for the cup either
    I have something left up my sleve for the final

OK, as tomorrows games have taken on a far more intense outlook. Then thought I'd give a quick update and a reminder of the cash at stake. (The last cash payouts maybe for CCMB Fantasy league, unless someone else takes it on next season?)

The gaps in the table closed up dramatically in the last 8 days, as shown below:

It's fair to say, that should the points scoring be as unpredictable as last week, then any of the top 6 are in with a chance of a cash payout. Notably, Beddau Bears (Big G) and Welsh as a Zebra (Sunderland Bluebird), 2014 and 2015 champions respectively. Here's what's available cash wise in tomorrows games:

League Winner: £130
    Runner Up: £35
    Monthly prize: £15
    Cup Winner: £55 (Chris Lee v Ell.)

Good luck all.

Banned

Hmm. In principle, these leagues are good fun, but when people have made almost 30 transfers in one season it becomes a bit daft.
    The overall leader in the UK has made nearly 40 transfers, these things should be done with say a max of 3 transfers to allow for bad injuries mun.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Hmm. In principle, these leagues are good fun, but when people have made almost 30 transfers in one season it becomes a bit daft.
    The overall leader in the UK has made nearly 40 transfers, these things should be done with say a max of 3 transfers to allow for bad injuries mun.
    The ability to make transfers is integral to the skill of the competition. If only 3 transfers were allowed people would lose interest as there would be nothing to do for most of the season. Making transfers keeps interest alive. The League is very well designed as it is because it gives even those who are not particularly good at it the chance to win a monthly prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The ability to make transfers is integral to the skill of the competition. If only 3 transfers were allowed people would lose interest as there would be nothing to do for most of the season. Making transfers keeps interest alive. The League is very well designed as it is because it gives even those who are not particularly good at it the chance to win a monthly prize.
    Thinly veiled "I'm coming last so want to change the rules" post imo.

Thinly veiled "I'm coming last so want to change the rules" post imo.
    I am nowhere near last.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I am nowhere near last.
    I wasn't referring to you, rather the post you were commenting on. Anyway, it wasn't intended to be taken seriously.
    Last edited by Baloo; 21-05-17 at 09:22.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    There are fantasy football games like that, but nobody plays them because it's boring.

30-40 transfers is not much, it's pretty much one a week over the season. FPL is so popular because you can change your team every week (after all, they are a commercial site so why would they want people to check every three months) and if you want to make lots of changes then you can, but it's a risk - and a risk that normally doesn't pay off.

You can do well in the game by spending 15 minutes on a Friday afternoon reading the article(s) on the FPL website about players in form and with good fixtures and following the advice. Even if you're just logging in to change your captain (about two minutes work) then that's going to make a big difference.

I wasn't referring to you, rather the post you were commenting on. Anyway, it wasn't intended to be taken seriously.
    Thank you. I was thrown by the fact your post quoted mine. Even more thrown by the fact my post supported the current arrangement.