+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pre Concert Meal Tonight

Pre Concert Meal Tonight

Going to see Tom Chaplin tonight, where can I get some decent (non pretentious) tucker in the centre, for me and my girly. Thinking maybe Viva Brazil ??

Thoughts......................

Re: Pre Concert Meal Tonight

Las Iguanas, similar food choices

The Thai House is pretty good, not too far from the venue either. Failing that, just get pissed and have a kebab on chippy lane afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    The Thai House is pretty good, not too far from the venue either. Failing that, just get pissed and have a kebab on chippy lane afterwards.
    If getting pissed and hitting Caroline Street for a kebab afterwards, make sure you are not going out in nice clobber. As I have found out several times to my utter dismay when waking up with a hangover, your favourite shirt, jacket, or trousers are bound to get covered in mayo or chili sauce! Thus having to hit the dry cleaners the following day. Don't say I didn't warn you .....

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Going to see Tom Chaplin tonight, where can I get some decent (non pretentious) tucker in the centre, for me and my girly. Thinking maybe Viva Brazil ??

Thoughts......................
    The Stable ,no booking ,well relaxed ,no fuss, lovely hoe sourced pizzas ,pies,and cider heaven

http://stablepizza.com/locations/cardiff/

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The Stable ,no booking ,well relaxed ,no fuss, lovely hoe sourced pizzas ,pies,and cider heaven

http://stablepizza.com/locations/cardiff/
    I saaaay ..

Caroline street

where did ya eat?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    where did ya eat?
    Viva Brazil, it was OK, but rushed, which suited us. As for Tom, he was superb and in fine form, doing the whole album and all the Keane biggies.

Viva Brazil, it was OK, but rushed, which suited us. As for Tom, he was superb and in fine form, doing the whole album and all the Keane biggies.
    I agree. Fantastic concert last night. Went in on a downer after watching second half of the pegsellers game, but forgot about that completely once Tom Chaplin started blasting out all the Keane songs. His new stuff is equally as good too.

You need two hours plus eating time , a pillow, a sweat absorbing towel, a chap to to mop your brow, alka seltzer , pineapple juice , all to sustain this meat eating fest .

Enjoyable in a big group of lads , love watching the wince as tgey pretend they like chicken livers and can eat all what's served .
    Last edited by life on mars; 07-05-17 at 10:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I agree. Fantastic concert last night. Went in on a downer after watching second half of the pegsellers game, but forgot about that completely once Tom Chaplin started blasting out all the Keane songs. His new stuff is equally as good too.
    He's got a fantastic vocal range, we were 'up close and personal' four rows from the front, made my night him doing Everybody's Changing. Great banter with the crowd as well, unfortunately sold out for all tour dates now, I cant justify going to see Jeff Lynne again just to see Tom Chaplin again. Best gig i've been to in a long time.

Club x do a really good hot dog meal deal

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Club x do a really good hot dog meal deal
    Always good to hear the voice of experience.

Was it a sit down job or did you have it standing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Always good to hear the voice of experience.

Was it a sit down job or did you have it standing up?
    My first real laugh out loud today