+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Day For Welsh Football

Good Day For Welsh Football

The jacks remain in the premier league. Despite what the jack haters on here feel, it is GOOD for Welsh football to have at least one team in the premier league! I am sure we can do it next season, and join them up there

Good to see Cewnty remain in the football league too. Nailbiting stuff, especially when 'pool took the lead against Donny.

Lets hope Wrecsam can join them in the dungeon by getting out of the National League,next season. Onwards & Upwards for all the Welsh teams.

Oh yeah, let's hope Merthyr town can rise up the pyramid too. There two games against Hereford should be interesting next season

Re: Good Day For Welsh Football

Cardiff safe

Never sure what is meant by "good for Welsh football". Not having a pop but what do you mean by it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    The jacks remain in the premier league. Despite what the jack haters on here feel, it is GOOD for Welsh football to have at least one team in the premier league! I am sure we can do it next season, and join them up there

Good to see Cewnty remain in the football league too. Nailbiting stuff, especially when 'pool took the lead against Donny.

Lets hope Wrecsam can join them in the dungeon by getting out of the National League,next season. Onwards & Upwards for all the Welsh teams.

Oh yeah, let's hope Merthyr town can rise up the pyramid too. There two games against Hereford should be interesting next season
    Well said - thanks for those sentiments. Believe it or not I too would love to see Cardiff (and Swansea) in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    Well said - thanks for those sentiments. Believe it or not I too would love to see Cardiff (and Swansea) in the Premier League.
    As much as l dislike them you have to admire what they have achieved and your right after all it should be a race to the top not a race to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post

Yep I hope the Swans can stay up too.Win next week and Hull lose and its job done.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Never sure what is meant by "good for Welsh football". Not having a pop but what do you mean by it?
    It is good to see the Swans hopefully retain their premier league status.

Good to see County remain in the football league. The more Welsh teams in the English football league, surely the better?

Therefore, in my eyes, and my eyes only today has been a good day for Welsh football. Or maybe I meant, Welsh football teams! Not the national team!

Surely, with Swansea's result going a long way towards them retaining their premier league status, this can only be good for Welsh football as a whole????

The jacks remaining in the premier league. Despite what the jack haters on here feel, it is GOOD for Welsh football
    I think that's what you meant and Swansea are not yet safe. A win for Swansea and defeat for Hull would see it accomplished but we could still have three teams (be that Palace of Boro) with hopes of survival on the last day.

Fantastic for Newport. People say the Championship is a tough league to get out of (the right direction at least) but it seems that the Conference is probably even tougher.

Speaking of Newport, has there ever been a match-day side with more hyphenated surnames? They had four today.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I think that's what you meant and Swansea are not yet safe. A win for Swansea and defeat for Hull would see it accomplished but we could still have three teams (be that Palace of Boro) with hopes of survival on the last day.

Fantastic for Newport. People say the Championship is a tough league to get out of (the right direction at least) but it seems that the Conference is probably even tougher.

Speaking of Newport, has there ever been a match-day side with more hyphenated surnames? They had four today.
    Yeah I have noticed all the double barrelled names. Its odd. Agreed about the Conference. Just look at Wrexham

never understood " the jacks in the prem is good for welsh football "

have they got a good academy ? ? ? do they bring on welsh youngsters ? ? ?

just checked wiki and they have fook all welsh players in the first team sqaud as of 2nd feb 2017

Aye great for Welsh football that

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

just checked wiki and they have fook all welsh players in the first team sqaud as of 2nd feb 2017

You have a point. I'd like to see more Welsh players in the Swans side. With the departure of Williams and Taylor, plus Allen and Ben Davies we have no Welsh players left. That's a shame.
    On the plus side, Swans in the PL means that overpaid prima donnas in Man City, Utd, L'pool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea etc etc and their officials and fans are occasionally obliged to cross the Severn Bridge, and discover that Wales exists. The Premier League has done wonders for visitor numbers to the Gower, for instance. Also the Premier League has worldwide tv coverage and is huge in the Far East and the States. My friends in Utah are as up to date on the fortunes of the Swans as I am. So in that way it's good that Wales has a Premier League side. People in distant outposts, viz New York City, are aware that Wales exists:

image.jpg

It is something to improve on, we have made good moves recently but still have some way to go, but a Welsh team in the premier league encourages talented kids to chose football and attracts former players like Makalele to coach in Wales. It also encourages some business to go beyond Cardiff.

There is a downside, it's not as easy to get tickets to live games and these can too easily go to 40 year old suited men who support man united in the week.

We need to get all Welsh teams, coaches and players as high as they can go.

This is what prompted my original question. I can see how it might generate more media coverage in a rugny dominated press but that aside, I havent seen any noticeable difference to the amount of quality Welsh players coming thru the ranks of us or Jacks with their premier stay or our relative success as a solid championship side

During our ie Wales march through to the Euro semi finals the jacks had two regular starters ni the team in Ashley Williams n=and Neil Taylor. How many players did we have FFS ?????????????

Seriously who gives a flying f*ck how other Welsh clubs are doing?

Do you think West Ham want other London clubs to do well? On the evidence of last night clearly not Tottenham.

Do Manchester United fans want other clubs in the North West region to do well? I wont even insult you by answering that question?

SO why the f*ck would we want clubs like Swansea or Newport, whos fans hate us by the way, to do well?

What is football, or sport for that matter, without rivalry?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Do you think West Ham want other London clubs to do well? On the evidence of last night clearly not Tottenham.

Do Manchester United fans want other clubs in the North West region to do well? I wont even insult you by answering that question?

SO why the f*ck would we want clubs like Swansea or Newport, whos fans hate us by the way, to do well?

^^^^ this, the same jacks who let off orange balloons after our play off defeat to Blackpool, they hate us and its reciprocated apart from Max if he's reading

Yes I agree with what you have said about football and sport in general with regard to rivalry.

Therefore, I hate our REAL rivals Bristol City with a passion. Having lived and worked in that shitty City, I know that they too hate us too with a passion, far more than their nearest and dearest Roverzzzz. Can't get worked up about the jacks. Who frankly cares if some of the chav scummers that support them and Cewnty hate us. I don't hate them, I like to see ALL Welsh teams do well. Simples really.

In all fairness it's a fairly unique situation Welsh teams who play in the English pyramid find themselves.

That said - **** the jacks!

🖒🖒🖒

How many players did we have FFS ?????????????
    Didnt 4 of the team start with Cardiff ? ? ?

Gunts, Ginge, Ledders and Rambo

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    This is what prompted my original question. I can see how it might generate more media coverage in a rugny dominated press but that aside, I havent seen any noticeable difference to the amount of quality Welsh players coming thru the ranks of us or Jacks with their premier stay or our relative success as a solid championship side
    your question was equally valid as mine

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    In all fairness it's a fairly unique situation Welsh teams who play in the English pyramid find themselves.

That said - **** the jacks!
    Not really, all 6 (or is it 7?) are there by choice.

If people really think that Swansea retaining PL status, or Newport retaining FL status, is sticking 2 fingers up to the English, then they are idiots.

Yes I agree with what you have said about football and sport in general with regard to rivalry.

Therefore, I hate our REAL rivals Bristol City with a passion. Having lived and worked in that shitty City, I know that they too hate us too with a passion, far more than their nearest and dearest Roverzzzz. Can't get worked up about the jacks. Who frankly cares if some of the chav scummers that support them and Cewnty hate us. I don't hate them, I like to see ALL Welsh teams do well. Simples really.
    You should get a half and half Cardiff / Swansea scarf you Welsh football luvvie

I want all Welsh clubs to do well