+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peter Whittingham today, what was send off like?

Peter Whittingham today, what was send off like?

Just wondering, for those of you up at Huddersfield today, what was Whitts send off like?

Did he appear to be down heartened, with the look of a man on his way out of the club, at the end of the game? Did he come over and warmly applaud the away fans? Thanks

Re: Peter Whittingham today, what was send off like?

Why are you so keen to see the back of him? In fact the crowd were singing today if you listened that they wanted him to stay!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfybluebird View Post
    Why are you so keen to see the back of him? In fact the crowd were singing today if you listened that they wanted him to stay!
    Have you actually read his post?

I do not want under any circumstances to see Whitts go!! Nowhere does it say that in my posting!!

Just wondered what his body language was like, as against Newcastle, when he was subbed, he looked very disheartened and down.

I for one, want him to stay. Even if he is only a bit part player next season !! One of my favourite players in 49 years of supporting the club, in fact!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I do not want under any circumstances to see Whitts go!! Nowhere does it say that in my posting!!

Just wondered what his body language was like, as against Newcastle, when he was subbed, he looked very disheartened and down.

I for one, want him to stay. Even if he is only a bit part player next season !! One of my favourite players in 49 years of supporting the club, in fact!!
    Well ok then

Well ok then
    And, after all that, we are still no closer to knowing how he reacted at the final whistle? For clarity, I too hope that a deal can be struck, but I can see the clubs position as well as the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    And, after all that, we are still no closer to knowing how he reacted at the final whistle? For clarity, I too hope that a deal can be struck, but I can see the clubs position as well as the players.
    Hard to say with Whitts.
    Support gave him an excellent send off

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Hard to say with Whitts.
    Support gave him an excellent send off
    That's nice to hear. I know you've never been his biggest fan but at least you are man enough to recognise that 10 year with one club, in this day and age, is a rare achievement.

Glad he had a good send off.